NEW LUV AFFAIR

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
Dieselsmoke69
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1982 luv mikado diesel

NEW LUV AFFAIR

Postby Dieselsmoke69 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:35 pm

Hello my name is Aaron. Im an ex military track mechanic 63 Tango and used to work on the Bradley fighting vehicles. Ive been turning wrenches since i could pick one up literally. i have always had a love for diesels and there simplicity. Im into lister cs diesels off gridding and solar and i have 2 ford IDI diesels a 91 6.9 and a 92 7.3. I am a member of oil burners forum as well. I recently accuired an 82 luv mikado long bed with the c223 na motor and 5 speed msg5k and feel i stole it as it is apparently rare for a paltry 400 bucks. It sat for ten years due to a battery fire. Top post battery rubbed thru a/c line and about half the battery was left lol. I repaired the harness replaced all fluids front to back and installed all new wix filters. Runs like a top 75 -80+ mph no problem on interstate. Im hoping the timing belt holds out until i get a new one and the msg tranny as i am getting glitter out of tranny oil and a slight bump going into second now and again. I think the countershaft bearings are headed south. Problem is im driving her every day now. Its hard not too lol. And apparently i need to find J Lemond if your still out there. I need some smalls if you have them. Anybody have his contact info it would be appreciated. Nice to meet yall. Somebody send me a turbo manifold and a new set of tailights and a couple of emblems for pass side quarter thats been replaced. Lovin my LUV like a brand new Ferarri
Attachments
IMG_20191007_184422.jpg

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: NEW LUV AFFAIR

Postby JoeIsuzu » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:32 pm

Welcome to the site, Aaron. The turbo manifold will be hard to find. Tail lights aren't quite as rare. Believe it or not, the 1984-1991 Trooper used the same tail light assemblies.

Jack

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:10 am

If you can't find a set of tailights, let me know. I have a couple of sets. The whole assembly

Dieselsmoke69
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1982 luv mikado diesel

Postby Dieselsmoke69 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:13 am

Ok and thank you. I will keep you in mind. The c223 does what its supposed to but beggs for a turbo. Almost thought about a 1.9 tdi swap as i could have got one low miles for 600 but dont want to ruin the truck either. Im satisfied but was thinking a gt15 series but then im looking at fabbing a manifold and a rebuild because its got alot of blowby. Strange it doesnt use oil though. The oil cap will dance on the valve cover pretty good and at a stop light looks like im overheating from all the smoke from the road draft tube lol. But it runs great. One of my tailights is cracked and id like a brand new set. Was wandering if ones from a pup will work as i found some in thailand

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:10 am

Except for badges, the US LUVs are identical to US P'ups of the same model year. There's no guarantee that taillights from Thailand will match the US version, but I think someone here or on the LUVTruck.com site has bought and used a pair from Thailand.

Jack