#soudagemirage Introductory post

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
#soudagemirage
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1994 Isuzu pickup 2.3 5 speed

#soudagemirage Introductory post

Postby #soudagemirage » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:20 pm

Hello My name is Soudagemirage and Im the proud owner of a 1994 Isuzu pickup. The truck came to me from a friend in Savannah,Ga. Since accepting its delivery I have learned an awful lot of what it means to be fully committed to loving something that can't emotionally love you back.Recently I used to live this outrageous life from 23-26.75 years old. Including a stint onboard a nuclear submarine as a machinist mate then as a boyfriend now ex boyfriend of a delta flight stewardess. Which is the reason i bought the Isuzu and sold my (2015 Reg cab z71 chevrolet) I desired a vehicle to truly be a product of my own engineering and taste vs that of a Detroit engineer. Since the relationship became official post bill of sale. I have dove in head first with a 12,14,17 AND 24 METRIC ALWAYS ON HAND. I to date have installed a weber 32/36 semi professionally with plans to go full independent weber side drafts here in the near future. A pipe dream is perfect for me since i aspire to be involved in pipeline welding post school graduation.
To Do List:
.custom well thought out (body lines ) flatbed.
.1 carb per cylinder and subsequent intake manifold (welded also at school time permitting)
.rebuild spare engine with help of automotive lab
.new rims and tires (to taste)
.clean inside with vinyl flooring and saddle leather seats (business and show )
.absorb information to make the most of the isuzu's good bones
.a exhaust that has a since of credibility to it yet I can drop of my new girlfriend at her apartment without hearing about later(cutouts)
. Reliability as a something i can hope in and cruise (with modern traffic) from central fl to Savannah, Ga to visit friends without dining from a lack of ac.
.a decent quality of noise from the two speakers
. Id rather put 5K in it and learn than finance a 50-60k truck and feel if only i just spent 5k i have more smiles
this could possibly go all night

Lets Network if
you have pdf's or any information on how to help me achieve my general vision for this truck. I have traveled the world many times on submarines and delta flights so I like many varieties and would like to represent the land of oranges and phosphate well in this forum.

Sincerely,
#Soudagemirage
Attachments
DSC03008.JPG
DSC03058.JPG
DSC03385.JPG

puttputtinpup

Re: #soudagemirage Introductory post

Postby puttputtinpup » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:05 am

Welcome to the site! Nice truck. Thanks for serving us in the US Navy. I'm a Navy dad. Our son was a nuke on the USS Jacksonville.

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:46 am

Welcome to the site, Soudagemirage!

Jack

#soudagemirage
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1994 Isuzu pickup 2.3 5 speed

Postby #soudagemirage » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:28 pm

puttputtinpup wrote:Welcome to the site! Nice truck. Thanks for serving us in the US Navy. I'm a Navy dad. Our son was a nuke on the USS Jacksonville.

'Death From Below"! SSGN 728 Fortune Favors The Brave
May I ask is there any recommended Persons on this forum who have acurrate information, drawings, Machining recommendations for rebuilding a 1994 2.3l motor? Also What parts are still Available from Isuzu and or is there a recommended company available to purchase parts from. I like to plan and then execute but as with many things Im sure here soon flexibility is not just found in a yoga studio.

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:49 pm

#soudagemirage wrote:
puttputtinpup wrote:Welcome to the site! Nice truck. Thanks for serving us in the US Navy. I'm a Navy dad. Our son was a nuke on the USS Jacksonville.

'Death From Below"! SSGN 728 Fortune Favors The Brave
May I ask is there any recommended Persons on this forum who have acurrate information, drawings, Machining recommendations for rebuilding a 1994 2.3l motor? Also What parts are still Available from Isuzu and or is there a recommended company available to purchase parts from. I like to plan and then execute but as with many things Im sure here soon flexibility is not just found in a yoga studio.

JLEMOND (Jerry Lemond) is the best source of parts that I know. If Isuzu still sells it, he can usually get it. Jerry and others here can point you in the direction of good aftermarket parts where the factory parts are no longer available or hard to get.

The folks at the Planet Isuzoo forum are good people, and there's some good 4ZD1 knowledge over there (although a lot of the members are on both sites).

Jack