Intro from Namibia

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
Nam Trooper
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1986 3.1TD Isuzu Trooper

Intro from Namibia

Postby Nam Trooper » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:37 am

Hey guys (and girls),
Thanks for the add...
I'm fairly new to this...
I'm based on the Southern part of Africa...
Use to drive a 2006 VW Golf MK1, a Velociti, between 2008 - 2012
& my 2nd was a 2012 VW Polo Vivo, from 2012-2018, before i sold it and travelled to India.
As you can see, I enjoyed VW.
But things changed after I came back from Namibia.
Somebody handed me his 1986 Isuzu Trooper 4JG2, with 400,000km on the clock, as it was just standing around (+-6months).
It looked like crap: 1 wheel flat, another partly flat, rust at the roof (roof rack holding points), and battery flat...
I didn't think it would start, so did my colleague, who knows much more than me about engines....
Battery charged, put some diesel, inflated the wheels; still did not start... (thats what I knew)
Sorry me, I didn't know about the glow plug :). The owner came, press the glow plug, and there it starts.
My engineer colleagues stares at me, and then at the previous owner behind the wheel; still can't believe it started & idles...
I drove it home (+-20km) that same night. My longest drive ever. Didn't think it will make it home, but it did...
Trooper.jpg

Trooper1.jpg

Its still needs plenty of TLC; and that's why I here, seeking advise from the pro's...
Thanks again for the add, looking forward to learning from you...

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: Intro from Namibia

Postby JoeIsuzu » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:01 am

Welcome to the site. You may not know, but that 3.1L engine is several years newer than the 1986 Trooper. The 4JG2 engine was introduced around 1992 and was offered for several years.

Jack