If it ain't one thing it's another.

News, rants, and raves.
RaW
Isuzu vehicle(s): 91 izusu pickup 2.3 liter 5 speed

If it ain't one thing it's another.

Postby RaW » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:46 am

God have mercy. My throw out bearing went out on my 91 Isuzu pickup. So I fixed it and put new clutch and pressure plate in also. It took me about 2 weeks cause I had to get money for the part and go to work on a hot roof everyday. I did it all by myself. Can afford mechanic. It drove like a champ afterwards. Then on the third day back on the road my fuel pump went out. :( So I am now going to replace my mechanical fuel pump. I got the truck from my dad so it means a lot to me. But it's sad when u try all u can. So I am going to replace all my fuel and vacuum lines when I do it. It's just sad.

puttputtinpup

Re: If it ain't one thing it's another.

Postby puttputtinpup » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:01 pm

Hang in there, man!

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:41 pm

I hate to hear that. Keep us posted, please.

Jack

oldestisuzuist

Postby oldestisuzuist » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:02 am

Pull the rubber splash shield from the passenger inner fender liner to access the fuel pump through the fender opening. You can at least partially see what you are doing rather than doing it by feel from under the hood.
You will need two gaskets, most fuel pumps only come with one. There is a spacer between the pump & head that uses the same gasket & will probably come off the head with the old pump.
Pull the valve cover, rotate the engine until the fuel pump activation rod is on the flat portion of the cam lobe. You should be able to pull the rod up against the cam, maybe hold it there with a dab of heavy grease. This will keep the rod from exerting pressure on the pump lever while you are trying to bolt the new pump to the head.
'78 Chevy LUV,1.9,4sp,headers,31's,SAS Dana 30,Dana 20,SOA rear w/Aussie Locker, body ROUGH, bought new 12/4/78. A pre-P'up?
'87 Trooper,2.3,5sp,headers,31's,ball joint flip & spacer,Aussie Locker rear,Superwinch hubs,brush guard w/5.5K winch.

RaW
Isuzu vehicle(s): 91 izusu pickup 2.3 liter 5 speed

Postby RaW » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:24 pm

Everything's turned out pretty good. After the fuel û6p u, seems like I got it all worked out. I even got 7a Haynes Isuzu manual. Lots of information in it. I got me a tachometer also. It was a little tricky to install. Thanks for all the support.

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:17 am

Good deal!