To Nashville and Back

News, rants, and raves.
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

To Nashville and Back

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:13 pm

Once in a while, the P'up does some actual work. We had to make a quick trip to Nashville this morning. The P'up performed fairly well, but I'm starting to thing the rings have still not completely broken in (Jerry used chromed rings in the rebuild a few years ago, and it probably doesn't have 2k on it since then). It ran 75 on the flats, but some hills took us down to 55. And fuel mileage was 26.6 MPG (going and returning).
toNashville.jpg

I'd like to say the trip was uneventful, but we came upon an accident within minutes of it happening. We saw the smoke billowing upward, and then traffic came to almost a standstill. When we passed, emergency responders had not made the scene.
accident1.png
accident2.png
It looks horrendous, but nobody on the scene seemed to be concerned about injuries, other than some people surrounding a man who I presume to have been the driver, seated on the shoulder.
accident3.png
Video is HERE.

Jack

puttputtinpup

Re: To Nashville and Back

Postby puttputtinpup » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:29 am

Wow! Glad he's okay.

I'm surprised your truck didn't get better than that. My pup got right at about 40 on my trip to the Memphis Meet and she was loaded down.

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:20 pm

Looking through that video again, I saw some marks on the pavement that suggest this truck came from the OPPOSITE direction, after crossing the median. That would explain why a few trucks were even stopped on the other side.

Jack

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Postby JoeIsuzu » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:33 am

Sad to report that there were two fatalities here. I haven't seen any details about what happened. I keep thinking I've found details, only to see that I'm looking at other accidents that happened in the same area.

Jack

Isuzu Faster
Isuzu vehicle(s): '86 1.9L G200Z 4-Spd. 2WD

Postby Isuzu Faster » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:24 pm

Jack, it's been a long time since I've seen your truck (3+ years), but what happened to your old bed and stock wheels?
~ Cheers, Steve.

1986 Isuzu P'up (Faster 2WD), 1.9L G200Z Gasoline, 4-spd, Beige Amino-Alkyd Enamel.

Image Image

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Postby JoeIsuzu » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:09 am

Isuzu Faster wrote:Jack, it's been a long time since I've seen your truck (3+ years), but what happened to your old bed and stock wheels?

I gave the original wheels to a local member. The bed was beyond repair, so I hauled it to the scrapyard.

Jack

soot fart

Postby soot fart » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:37 am

Hey Jack your truck ain't lookin half bad. hehehehe

Isuzu Faster
Isuzu vehicle(s): '86 1.9L G200Z 4-Spd. 2WD

Postby Isuzu Faster » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:44 am

soot fart wrote:Hey Jack your truck ain't lookin half bad. hehehehe

Can't complain, that bed is super straight! A paint job could make the look seamless, if he so decides. :D
~ Cheers, Steve.

1986 Isuzu P'up (Faster 2WD), 1.9L G200Z Gasoline, 4-spd, Beige Amino-Alkyd Enamel.

Image Image

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Postby JoeIsuzu » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:18 am

Isuzu Faster wrote:
soot fart wrote:Hey Jack your truck ain't lookin half bad. hehehehe

Can't complain, that bed is super straight! A paint job could make the look seamless, if he so decides. :D

I decided that a long time ago. It's just taken a while to find someone who will do it right. I'm talking with a fellow owner/member, and I think it's just a matter of time.

Jack