86 spacecab gremlin help needed

This is for "general" electrical discussions. Audio, security, remote start, and power accessories should go here, since they don't seem to fit anywhere else. Not for diesel-specific (like glow systems), or gasoline-specific (like ignition systems) topics.
downunderyank
Isuzu vehicle(s): spacecab diesel Holden rodeo 1993, 1986 pup spacecab, 1987 pup spacecab

86 spacecab gremlin help needed

Postby downunderyank » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:52 am

Hey guys and gals who are good at electrical problems! I've got an 86 spacecab i bought out in washington a few years back and converted to diesel. It's been great other than the temp gauge not working (if someone could help me figure out how to hook that up, it would be great)
recently when I turn the headlights on, there are no dash lights but the two indicator arrows come on full and the fasten seatbelt light glows dimly and it beeps and beeps until I put my seatbelt on. Also, the fuel gauge that was working perfectly now is irregular, showing less than half a tank but when I add 4 gallons, goes way past full. Anyone have something like this happen on their pup?
converted '86 diesel spacecab

Halden
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1983 Diesel LS Long Bed 4x4

Re: 86 spacecab gremlin help needed

Postby Halden » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:36 pm

It sounds like you may have a bad ground connection[s]. That temp gauge basically goes straight from the panel to the engine as it's ground and reads resistance. It's a one wire sensor that the wire clips on to the under the thermostat housing.
It's not pronounced "Ih-soo-zoo", it's pronounced "It-screws-you"
83 LS Long Bed Diesel 4x4
82 LUV Short Bed Diesel 5 Speed 2wd
64 Chevy C20 w/ 283 & 4 speed.
05 Sonata with a standard