Hi, All!

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
Joe-too
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1991 Pickup

Hi, All!

Postby Joe-too » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:01 pm

Hi. My name is Joe and I'm new to this forum, and to posting in general, so please give me all the help you can. I'll apologize in advance for any errors. Just let me know. We have (well, technically, it's my wife's) a 1991 Isuzu pickup (is this a P'up?) with a 2.3l carburated engine and a five speed manual transmission. In my previous life (career) I was a light mechanic and state inspector (Va., where I still live), and I can and do try to do most of my maintenance myself. This truck has been pretty great, and my wife used it every day until she got her new CR-V. The Honda has a few more bells and whistles, but I'm gonna say its A/C won't be working on its original charge after 38 years. Now I have almost 30 years in the specialty cement business, but I still do a lot with instrumentation, so I try to keep my troubleshooting and logic skills sharp. I still try to do what I can on our vehicles, and that is what has brought me here. I hope that you all will be able to help me with her. If anyone has any cement questions, it's a little off topic but I would be happy to reciprocate in an appropriate way. Thanks in advance for your welcome and assistance.

puttputtinpup

Re: Hi, All!

Postby puttputtinpup » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:23 pm

Welcome to the site, Joe!

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: Hi, All!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:03 am

Joe,

Welcome aboard. Yes, Isuzu called that a "Pickup". A lot of owners call them P'ups, and that's no big deal except when asking for help or parts it may confuse people.

Jack