‘89 Pickup Owner, new again to board

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
LaFlTx89
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1989 1-owner Isuzu Pickup (2.3 l)

‘89 Pickup Owner, new again to board

Postby LaFlTx89 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:44 am

Thank you JoeIsuzu and colleagues for an interesting and helpful forum. I have a 1989 Isuzu Pickup; and it is now our 30th anniversary. My wife and I purchased it new the year after we married (when my ‘68 VW Bug bit the dust) and it still has less than 170,000 miles on it. (I bought a new truck in 2006, so the new one gets most road miles now.). My p/u is a base model; it had no a/c and not even a radio. It has since lived in three states and I still drive it to work and church and occasional errands several times each week. As you might imagine, many people have asked “how do you live without a/c in the Deep South?” Still no a/c, but I did install a basic radio/cassette player in ‘89. Recently had to replace that. Otherwise, you might be surprised how clean this little rig is (original paint!). It’s hauled my pirogue, furniture, firewood, tools, appliances, lawn mowers, kids, and helped move us more than once. So, I think we’ll keep it around a while longer.

My dad had an Isuzu pickup that was still running over 300,000 miles when he sold it. So, I suppose mine could last until 2049. I occasionally work on this or that and thought this would be a great forum to ask the occasional question (particularly about parts sources); but I also have enjoyed just reading other people’s posts. I won’t be a regular, but hopefully a consistent occasional reader/poster.

Best Regards, LaFlTx89

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: ‘89 Pickup Owner, new again to board

Postby JoeIsuzu » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:12 am

Welcome!

What did you mean by "new again"?

Jack

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:58 pm

Welcome to the forum! I'm with you on surviving without ac. I didn't own a daily driver with working ac until 2010. I had my 82 pup for 20yrs without ac. My work trucks for the 1st 5yrs didn't have ac either. It can be done.

LaFlTx89
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1989 1-owner Isuzu Pickup (2.3 l)

Postby LaFlTx89 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:52 am

JoeIsuzu wrote:Welcome!

Jack

Only that I joined a couple of years ago but did not post (or login) for long enough to be deactivated. I thought it only polite to introduce or reintroduce myself. —WT

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:50 am

LaFlTx89 wrote:
JoeIsuzu wrote:Welcome!

Jack

Only that I joined a couple of years ago but did not post (or login) for long enough to be deactivated. I thought it only polite to introduce or reintroduce myself. —WT

Ok, now we're getting somewhere. Please email me with whatever you can remember about your old account. We'll get it resurrected.

I doubt it was deactivated (we only do that for a good reason, like multiple user accounts). This account IS deactivated. ;)

Jack

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Postby JoeIsuzu » Wed May 01, 2019 6:00 am

Sorry, I misunderstood. You joined a couple of years ago (actually 2016) but it was this account. I've re-activated the account. Welcome back! ;)

Jack