Aloha

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
Blownalky
Isuzu vehicle(s): 91 Isuzu Pickup

Aloha

Postby Blownalky » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:00 am

I am a former P/Up owner and am on here to reach out to a community of other owners that may support me in my efforts to help a fellow Isuzu Pickup owner with his project here in Hawaii.
I won't ask for support unless I've exhausted my search of the forum first.

Thank you!

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: Aloha

Postby JoeIsuzu » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:02 am

Welcome to the site. I hope we can help.

Jack

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:54 am

Welcome to the site!

Red Truck

Postby Red Truck » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:41 pm

I found my '87 in 1990 off the Hickam "lemon lot". We got our state Safety and Emission stickers from a gas station (then) called Speedy's, it was just west of the stadium on Kam Hwy, towards Pearl City. We used to hand him a 12-pack of Primo, he'd hand us the sticker. Parts came from NAPA in Aiea, Cutter Ford in Honolulu also carried (pricey) stuff. I used the auto-shop on the sub base. I don't recall there being any junkyards. There was a wrecking yard out at Campbell Industrial Park, near the racetrack, but the public wasn't allowed into it. Maybe it'd be different if you knew a local?
Go Navy!
'87 Isuzu pickup 2.3 gas, 5spd, 4WD

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:45 pm

Red Truck wrote:I found my '87 in 1990 off the Hickam "lemon lot". We got our state Safety and Emission stickers from a gas station (then) called Speedy's, it was just west of the stadium on Kam Hwy, towards Pearl City. We used to hand him a 12-pack of Primo, he'd hand us the sticker. Parts came from NAPA in Aiea, Cutter Ford in Honolulu also carried (pricey) stuff. I used the auto-shop on the sub base. I don't recall there being any junkyards. There was a wrecking yard out at Campbell Industrial Park, near the racetrack, but the public wasn't allowed into it. Maybe it'd be different if you knew a local?
Go Navy!

Go navy! Our son was in Pearl Harbor. USS Jacksonville.Navy Nuke. Thanks for serving