wiper blades

The place to discuss problems and routine maintenance questions and tips that are NOT specifically diesel-related.
Timshel

wiper blades

Postby Timshel » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:22 am

Hello!

This is a silly question, I know- but perhaps my fellow board members can help. I have an 82 pup, and have been having difficulty finding wiper blades that work for it. The wiper arms are bayonet style connectors, and every single blade I have purchased in the past few years fits extremely loosely on the arm. The small nipple on the arm meant to hold the blade on just can not seem to hold on when the blade is in use. I've lost 3 blades this year and just resorted to rain-x on the windshield! My memory isn't great, but I seem to recall that I used to be able to get bayonet style blades that did not have big plastic adapters on them, and that those blades held on just fine. Basically I don't know if the problem is that my wiper arms have somehow warped over the years, or if every plastic adapter connector on modern wiper blades is not made to hold onto our bayonet style blades. No autoparts store around here has anything other then blades with a big ol adapter for the bayonet arms. Any help would be appreciated!
-81 Chevy Luv 5 Speed Diesel

mojogoat
Isuzu vehicle(s): 82 luv diesel SB 2wd

Re: wiper blades

Postby mojogoat » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:44 pm

I ordered Stainless steel marine wipers from Amazon, they match the Stainless steel arms,, they cost a bit more but look correct instead of the black ones.

mojogoat
Isuzu vehicle(s): 82 luv diesel SB 2wd

Postby mojogoat » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:47 pm

They fit tight on the arm.

Timshel

Postby Timshel » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:15 pm

Those are the ones I was looking at online, but I wasn't sure if other people had the same problem with modern wiper blade adapters for the arms.I didn't want to invest in expensive blades if its a problem with the arms on my truck. Thanks for the feedback!
-81 Chevy Luv 5 Speed Diesel