Emergency / suspension hit oil filter

The place to discuss problems and routine maintenance questions and tips that are NOT specifically diesel-related.
xomojo

Emergency / suspension hit oil filter

Postby xomojo » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:51 am

Need help..

Do you know the bar thats in the way when you change your oil filter? well mine came into contact with my filter and popped a hole in it, draining all my oil.. I believe I caught it in time (when my oil light flickered) and pulled over but I need to know how to adjust that bar and bring it back lower where its supposed to be..

Backstory..

A few weeks back I had a bolt on my left torsion bar break, dropping my truck way down low.. I fixed that and went on my way.. Not realizing the new position of those front bars.. Usually theres about an inch or more between that and the filter allowing enough room to get the strap wrench in there to change the filter.. When I went to change my oil yesterday I noticed how close it was.. there was a tiny gap.. I literally had to unbolt the idler arm to drop the bar to get my filter off / new filter on.. and when I put it back together the tiny gap was gone and it made slight contact.. And I thought, hey thats not good what if it pops a hole.. Which happened the very next day..

So one of my friends said they adjust all that stuff and can move that bar if they give you an alignment?? I don't know if thats true.. But that bar has not moved in the 23 years I've owned the truck..
I am off for the next 2 days and I need my truck for work on sunday so PLEASE somebody tell me how to adjust that bar to get it away from my filter... If that messes up my alignment I don't really care, I'll deal with that later.. I have to change the idler arm and a tie rod and get a new alignment soon anyway..
On a tight budget right now so I need to do this myself..

I don't see anything bent or uneven down there.. But I do have a parts truck in case I need to swap anything out.. I just don't see an adjustment, and I don't know what to do..
I can take pics tomorrow if needed.. Just got home from a stressful 30 mile tow, at night, in the rain, and my battery died so couldn't use the wipers haahaa..

Please and thank you gentleman. Have a great weekend.
Green 95 Pickup 2.3L FI

xomojo

Re: Emergency / suspension hit oil filter

Postby xomojo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:29 am

turns out its the motor mounts..
Green 95 Pickup 2.3L FI