New here

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
Mattspup
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1988 4x4

New here

Postby Mattspup » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:41 pm

Just purchased a flawless 1988 space cab 4x4 4cyl.
Looks brand new, like it cam off the show room floor. 67k original miles. Kept in a basement. Everything works. Not one bulb, handle, button or anything is missing or broken.

I’ve been searching but can’t find any custom seat covers. Just the one size fits all. Also floor mats. Wasn’t sure if this was a tech question I apologize ahead of time if I’ve posted in the wrong section.

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: New here

Postby JoeIsuzu » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:49 pm

Welcome to the site, Matt.

Jack

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:23 am

Welcome to the site, Matt. If you're not yet a member of www.planetisuzoo.com you should sign up there also. The 88 isn't actually a "pup". Only the 81-87 carried the actual pup name. We'll help out all we can with your questions here, but the "planet" may have more members with your style pickup.

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:35 am

There's a little bit of crossover between the P'up and the Pickup -- if you were talking about a 2.3L Pickup, that engine and its transmission were offered in both trucks (1986-1995). But since yours is 4wd, you don't have the 2.3L. You have the 2.6L 4ZE1. That is one of the more common engines discussed on the PlanetIsuzoo.com forum, with plenty of expertise there.

And I LOVE SpaceCabs, whether they're P'ups or Pickups. I hope you'll post pics here.

Jack