I get strange looks sometimes.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
RockKat
Isuzu vehicle(s): 93 Pickup

I get strange looks sometimes.

Postby RockKat » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:29 am

Greetings everyone,

Thank you for allowing me into the community you have built. My name is Marc, and I'm from southern Louisiana, and for the last 13 years of my life I did own a vehicle. Not because I could not, but because it really wasn't necessary within the two separate cities I lived. I would simply ride a bicycle. About half that time I resided in my college town of Thibodaux, and the other half living in Midcity of New Orleans. By trade I was a chef, and had an enjoyable time doing such until eventually I burned out. I returned home and found work with my uncle who owned a company doing earth moving, highway construction, and levee and water drainage station building.

A fair leap from pristine plates and gloved hands to standing in mud hammer out pins of a dozer track masterlink. But, I find affinity in working with my hands so it came natural. In my spare time, I am learning how to weld with my dinky Miller Bluestar 185 that I have painted in the Lincoln Electric colors. And, I still ride my bike. But as my toolset grows, you can only carry so much with a backpack and saddlebags. So, I have been thinking of what to do, and it occurred to me as I walked to the shop next door. Sitting atop two stacked shipping containers turned part storage was an old Isuzu Pickup. And, it kinda dawned on me.

Now while I cannot buy that one, I am interested in beginning my research of procuring either a working or fixerupper to satisfy my needs for carrying some weight.

By no means do I intend to stick some giant pipeline welder in the back(although if the math works out I'd love the idea of an Isuzu pulling up with a big Miller welding machine in the back painted red and black,) but it would be great to have mine with me and my other tools and fab equipment with me.

Anyway, that's pretty much how I arrived here; well, after a google search anyway.

I'm off to hit some metal with a hammer, thanks again and nice to meet you all.

Marc

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: I get strange looks sometimes.

Postby JoeIsuzu » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:36 am

Welcome to the site, Marc. Good luck with your search.

Jack

puttputtinpup

Re: I get strange looks sometimes.

Postby puttputtinpup » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:49 am

Welcome!