Plastic Screw/Fastener and Clip for Plastic Fender Liner

The place to discuss problems and routine maintenance questions and tips that are NOT specifically diesel-related.
Isuzu Faster
Isuzu vehicle(s): '86 1.9L G200Z 4-Spd. 2WD

Plastic Screw/Fastener and Clip for Plastic Fender Liner

Postby Isuzu Faster » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:36 pm

Hello gentlemen and ladies,

It's been a long two and a half years but I'm finally back in the US and back with my trusty ol' P'up! Will be back on the forums a little more now, hopefully.

I'm missing one of the clips that holds the plastic fender liner piece to the edge of the actual fender, as well as one of the plastic fasteners which a plastic screw goes through to secure the liner to the body. Looked on eBay but couldn't find them- could you all point me to a source?

Thank you so much.
~ Cheers, Steve.

1986 Isuzu P'up (Faster 2WD), 1.9L G200Z Gasoline, 4-spd, Beige Amino-Alkyd Enamel.

Image Image

Darby

Re: Plastic Screw/Fastener and Clip for Plastic Fender Liner

Postby Darby » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:19 pm

Most auto parts stores have a generic assortment of that type of fasteners.
Original owner of a 1993 Isuzu pick up, 2.3 engine, 5 speed with power steering and air conditioning. All original except the radio (still have factory radio).
It's cheaper to fix what you have than to buy someone else's problems.

Isuzu Faster

Postby Isuzu Faster » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:25 pm

Darby thanks for your reply. I tried a number of fasteners from the auto parts store, but all have too much play even when I have the screw down in it, in its "tight" configuration. Unbelievable though that these simple pieces are not available new.

There's bound to be someone here with some extras- should I close this topic and ask in the Parts section?
~ Cheers, Steve.

1986 Isuzu P'up (Faster 2WD), 1.9L G200Z Gasoline, 4-spd, Beige Amino-Alkyd Enamel.

Image Image

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:03 pm

My liner tore out around its fastener. So I bought the biggest plastic fastener that would fit the hole, and the one with the biggest head -- then put a larger fender washer between the fastener and the plastic. It's held for years now.

Jack

Isuzu Faster

Postby Isuzu Faster » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:00 pm

Jack great to hear from you and sounds good! I found a different clip (a miniature office clip I removed the handle off of) for the edge that clamps even firmer than the original- this will hopefully hold for the decades to come.
Attachments
IMG_2488.jpg
~ Cheers, Steve.

Image Image