'93 Isuzu Pickup

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
naszero
Isuzu vehicle(s): 93 Isuzu Pickup

'93 Isuzu Pickup

Postby naszero » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:48 pm

Greetings all,

I'm currently on military deployment (to a country known for cigars :lol:) and came stumbled across this diamond in the rough. The pickup was owned by a sailor that was rotating home and I was able to snag it from him for a reasonable price.

The pickup won't win any beauty contests; the high heat and humidity here has definitely taken its toll on the interior and exterior. Parts for maintenance and repair are also hard to come by. Shipping from the mainland takes approximately 2.5 weeks.

The pickup appears to be a 2.3l, with no power steering and no A/C. Most of the emission systems have been removed and many of the interior trim pieces are warped or broken. The ignition tumbler is wonky, and requires a choreographed flip of the wrist to start the truck properly. With all of its blemishes, the pickup still starts reliably every morning.

I joined this forum to learn more about the pickup for maintenance and repair. This particular pickup has served 3 separate rotational units and I hope to keep it alive for the next on-coming unit.
Attachments
Isuzu4.jpg
Isuzu3.jpg
Isuzu2.jpg
Isuzu1.jpg

naszero
Isuzu vehicle(s): 93 Isuzu Pickup

'93 Isuzu Pickup

Postby naszero » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:48 pm

Greetings all,

I'm currently on military deployment (to a country known for cigars :lol:) and came stumbled across this diamond in the rough. The pickup was owned by a sailor that was rotating home and I was able to snag it from him for a reasonable price.

The pickup won't win any beauty contests; the high heat and humidity here has definitely taken its toll on the interior and exterior. Parts for maintenance and repair are also hard to come by. Shipping from the mainland takes approximately 2.5 weeks.

The pickup appears to be a 2.3l, with no power steering and no A/C. Most of the emission systems have been removed and many of the interior trim pieces are warped or broken. The ignition tumbler is wonky, and requires a choreographed flip of the wrist to start the truck properly. With all of its blemishes, the pickup still starts reliably every morning.

I joined this forum to learn more about the pickup for maintenance and repair. This particular pickup has served 3 separate rotational units and I hope to keep it alive for the next on-coming unit.
Attachments
Isuzu5.jpg
Isuzu4.jpg
Isuzu3.jpg
Isuzu2.jpg
Isuzu1.jpg

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: '93 Isuzu Pickup

Postby JoeIsuzu » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:14 pm

Welcome to the site!

Jack

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:29 pm

Welcome to the site, and thanks so much for serving!

gruff54

Postby gruff54 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:20 am

"The pickup won't win any beauty contests"
You're too hard on her, she doesn't look that bad. You ought to see some of mine! And thanks for your service.

Mike
'89 Trooper 2.6L-5 spd
'87 Trooper 2.6gas to 4jb1-t swap(in progress)