My '86 Isuzu P’up SpaceCab 4x4

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
JOREL
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1986 Isuzu P’up SpaceCab 4x4

My '86 Isuzu P’up SpaceCab 4x4

Postby JOREL » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi, I am back. My name is Joel... I just add an "r" in the middle for my handle. I have been here before, but it's been a while... and just reactivated my account.

First of all, I love my P'up. It's now 32 years old. I bought it in '97 or '98. Use it for camping trips, some off-road and whitewater kayaking adventures in the past. I sure miss those days. Things have gotten domestic these days... but my four year old son absolutely loves it. Like father, like son, I guess.

When I've had it off road, I love how narrow it is compared to other vehicles... it just gets places. I had a custom cap on it for years, but now it is just open.

My brother-in-law, an aircraft mechanic, rebuilt the engine in 2002 and it has about 40,000 miles on it.

I got t-boned in a parking lot at a very slow speed by a Ford F-150 with a brush guard... the bed has not been the same since. I have had a dream to replace the bed or make it a flatbed, but just have not gotten around to that. Maybe some day... or maybe I should sell it to someone who can take good care of it. I don't know.

Anyway, I plan to poke around here and see what going on with the P'ups. Maybe I will get inspired to do some refurb work on it. Who knows.

Thanks for having me!

JOREL

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_3419.jpg

IMG_4244.jpg

IMG_4298.jpg

IMG_4309.jpg

IMG_4297.jpg
JOREL
'86 Pu'p SpaceCab LS 4x4 Gasoline

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: My '86 Isuzu P’up SpaceCab 4x4

Postby JoeIsuzu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:58 pm

Joel,

Welcome aboard. I hope you decide to refresh it. Sadly, the SpaceCab beds are the most difficult to find. A flatbed may be the most practical route to go, but that seems so ----- utilitarian. Whatever you decide, hope we can help.

Jack

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:51 pm

Welcome to the site!

JOREL

Postby JOREL » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:28 pm

JoeIsuzu wrote:Joel,

Welcome aboard. I hope you decide to refresh it. Sadly, the SpaceCab beds are the most difficult to find. A flatbed may be the most practical route to go, but that seems so ----- utilitarian. Whatever you decide, hope we can help.

Jack

Thanks, Jack! We'll see. That's is a bummer to hear that the SpaceCab beds are hard to find. -Joel
JOREL

JOREL

Postby JOREL » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:29 pm

puttputtinpup wrote:Welcome to the site!

Thanks!
JOREL

Return to “My P'up! (Introduce yourself here)”