1.8L 1979 Chevy LUV

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
datank74
Isuzu vehicle(s): '79 stock Chevy LUV

1.8L 1979 Chevy LUV

Postby datank74 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:56 pm

Hey all, I have this little yellow truck that I barely fit in (I'm 6'4" :) ) that I bought a year ago for 600 and I did not expect to see this much enthusiasm for little isuzu trucks! I am an airplane mechanic, so I'm mechanically inclined, and I understand the gist of mechanical systems. This is my first real car project, so I am still looking for resources and I hope that this forum proves to be the spot. I'll be selling it soon, so those of you in the Pacific NW better be on the lookout for a great deal on a tiny LUV!

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: 1.8L 1979 Chevy LUV

Postby JoeIsuzu » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:48 pm

Welcome to the site! I saw your post on the LUVTruck.com site as well. Quite a few of those guys opt for a larger engine (4.3 or SBC V8) when their 1.8 or 1.9 gives out. Over here, we're more likely to say that it's time for a diesel "upgrade". :lol:

Jack

Return to “My P'up! (Introduce yourself here)”