95 P'UP Needs work

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
sevlor
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1995 Isuzu Pickup Regular Cab

95 P'UP Needs work

Postby sevlor » Thu May 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Hello, my name is Chris aka Sevlor, I just bought my P'UP a couple weeks ago on Craigslist, was wanting a small truck like an S-10 to justify keeping both my Fusion and my wife's Escape. I originally learned how to drive a manual in a friend's 84 RAM D-50 some years ago, and I loved driving that truck so I had in mind I wanted a micro truck, so up pops this 1995 Isuzu Pickup on craigstlist with 223K, runs and drives, needs the dash reassembled and put back in, figured what the heck, I'll buy it. Drove it an hour home with no problems other than lack of power going through the bluffs outside St Louis. Got it home and took a few hours and got the dash re-installed to then find there is a check engine light but I have learned since other things that have been done to this truck.

Customizations/Mods/Replacements:

3" drop blocks (torsion bars adjusted to match rear end height
New rear shocks
New exhaust from "cat" back
Cat delete
New O2 sensor
New Plugs, wires, cap and rotor
New TVV (had to repair as the guy had used Fuel line in place of vacuum line and broke the lower barb during install)
Dash and door panels have been painted gloss black
Truck has been painted (rattle can) flat black

I have since changed the oil/filter, fuel filter, air filter,

I plan on doing a coolant flush, the timing belt, alternator belt, change diff fluid and transmission fluid so I can start fresh with a maintenance record.

I have another issue with the truck but I will post that in the appropriate sub forum.

31967995_10155226660685740_8618828941534167040_n.jpg

puttputtinpup

Re: 95 P'UP Needs work

Postby puttputtinpup » Thu May 17, 2018 4:18 pm

welcome to to the site! FYI, Isuzu stopped calling their pickups Pups with the 1987 model. In +1988 models, they were merely Pickups. They share a few similarities, but all in all, they are different.
Currently P'up-less, but keeping my eyes open for a good deal
Click this link for misc. diesel technical bulletins & other info

sevlor

Postby sevlor » Thu May 17, 2018 4:34 pm

Ok I stand corrected, I assumed the P'UP was just short for Pickup

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Thu May 17, 2018 5:08 pm

Welcome to the site!
sevlor wrote:Ok I stand corrected, I assumed the P'UP was just short for Pickup

Yes, it is short for "pickup", so that's where the name came from. But for some weird reason, Isuzu's marketing geniuses apparently thought changing the name would be good for sales (or perhaps they knew better, but they were trying to sink the company in the US). I suspect they just wanted everybody to know this was a whole new truck, not just cosmetically different.

You'll enjoy having a truck, once you get the mechanical issues sorted out. Which engine do you have?

Jack

sevlor

Postby sevlor » Thu May 17, 2018 10:30 pm

2.3L TBI (4ZD1)

Return to “My P'up! (Introduce yourself here)”