This is the place to discuss DIESEL engine modifications.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Regular Member
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:15 pm
- Location: Dorrigo nsw OZ
- Isuzu vehicle(s): spacecab diesel Holden rodeo 1993, 1986 pup spacecab, 1987 pup spacecab
Hi guys and gals, I'm putting a c223t into my 86 spacecab pup that was originally a gas engine. I've got everything lined up but the air filter housing. I've got the housing from the 86 trooper/jackaroo I pulled it from but don't think there will be room to put it in the pup. I've done N/A swaps in pups before but the air filter is on the engine with that. Anyone had any luck with retrofitting a different air filter housing in? Prefer to not use a pod filter if I can help it. Thanks!
converted '86 diesel spacecab
- Site Admin
- Posts: 19989
- Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:11 am
- Location: Germantown (next to Elvistown), TN
- Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!
Even if you are able to find a factory housing, it is a really tight fit without a turbo hood. Both the housing and the hood are really scarce, so they tend to be pricey.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests