Tail, turn and marker lights out

This is for "general" electrical discussions. Audio, security, remote start, and power accessories should go here, since they don't seem to fit anywhere else. Not for diesel-specific (like glow systems), or gasoline-specific (like ignition systems) topics.
Dangbert

Tail, turn and marker lights out

Postby Dangbert » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:32 pm

I switched the brake and tail lights out with some LED's and they worked fine. I then switched the turn signal lights and the marker lights out and now only the turn work, but does not flash.

i have gone over the wiring diagram and cannot find the fuse anywhere. Does anyone know what and were it is. Also, considering the very real possibility I fried the turn signal flasher unit, any idea what it is? I located the two relays up under the dash behind the cig lighter. When I went up on Rock Auto, I either did not know what to look for, or they did not have it.

Thanks
"84" 5spd long bed diesel

puttputtinpup

Re: Tail, turn and marker lights out

Postby puttputtinpup » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:25 pm

The original flasher relays click in & off based on the amp draw load of the bulbs in the circuit. LEDs don't draw much, so doubt if it's enough to make them click.
Now, there are electronic type flasher relays that don't require a load and will flash the same speed whether you have 2 bulbs, or 8.
Yes, the 4x flashers use a different flasher relay than the turn signals. Sorry, I dont have part numbers