No position lights

This is for "general" electrical discussions. Audio, security, remote start, and power accessories should go here, since they don't seem to fit anywhere else. Not for diesel-specific (like glow systems), or gasoline-specific (like ignition systems) topics.
brandon'pup
Isuzu vehicle(s): Isuzu campo 2.3L 1988

No position lights

Postby brandon'pup » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:30 am

Hi guys! I have a problem with my 88 pickup. The left position lights doesn't work (front and rear), also the license plate lights.
Turn lights are working on both sides and position lights on the right side are working properly. Fuse of left tail lights blows as you press the button. Any idea of where the problem should be?? Thank you !!!

puttputtinpup

Re: No position lights

Postby puttputtinpup » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:46 am

Since the license plate bulb is in that circuit, personally I'd look there 1st for a pinched & grounded hot wire. Then underneath the rear for any skinned up wires. If a plug for trailer lights was added at some point by splicing into wires, check those closely. Check around the front left for any skinned up wires.

To rule out the bulbs themselves being the culprits (sometimes the filaments can tough each other and cause issues). Remove all left side bulbs, then install a new fuse. See if it blows when you turn on the switch. If it blows, you've got a grounded out wire in that circuit somewhere. If not, add one bulb at a time.
Currently P'up-less, but keeping my eyes open for a good deal
Click this link for misc. diesel technical bulletins & other info

brandon'pup
Isuzu vehicle(s): Isuzu campo 2.3L 1988

Re: No position lights

Postby brandon'pup » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:52 am

I'll try that. But i've seen it's quite difficult access to the license plate wires, but anyway I'll try everything you told. Hope I can solve this problem without too much effort hahaha. Thank you again mate!!

Return to “Electrical Troubleshooting, Maintenance, and Upgrades”