Trusted Mechanics - Listed by State

The place to discuss problems and routine maintenance questions and tips. This is for topics that are specifically diesel-related.
Dangbert

Re: Trusted Mechanics - Listed by State

Postby Dangbert » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:00 pm

K&S Injectors. (Wausau)
Address: 6007 Municipal St, Schofield, WI 54476
Hours: Open today · 7:30AM–5PM
Phone: (715) 359-1000

Thousand miles from, broken timing belt. They did the evaluation and were golden. , instead of transported it bak.I wish I had been smrt enough to have had them do the repair.
"84" 5spd long bed diesel

johnklos
Isuzu vehicle(s): Diesel Chevette

Postby johnklos » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:38 pm

Oregon Fuel Injection
https://oregonfuelinjection.com

They had a listing for a rebuilt injector pump for my 4FB1 for $500 (plus core). I got it - it was beautiful - clean, oiled and well wrapped in a thick plastic bag that reminded me of how Dad used to store his guns and rifles. I contacted them and asked them about rebuilding the injectors. Sent them four injectors and they sent back four clean, perfect injectors with new return line washers and new nozzle washers (I don't know what they're called). I put them in, and my engine is very, very happy again. I'd highly recommend.

Dangbert

Postby Dangbert » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:46 pm

If you are looking for a diesel mechanic, in the Montgomery Al area, Keith McKnight (334-657-1186) is a very good engine guy. I had another guy recommended back in 2015 when I broke the timing belt, and I was just never satisfied, after he got it up and running. I was talking to a friend and he recommended Keith. I am so glad he did. Keith went through the engine, checking timing and a few other things. I could not be happier.
"84" 5spd long bed diesel

Pepe18
Isuzu vehicle(s): '86 p'up diesel

Postby Pepe18 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:10 pm

I would recommend Fletchers Auto Diesel in Greenville, SC. He helped my buy my pup from a customer of his. He works on about anything with a motor. Has a Diesel injector tattoed on his forearm. "So your injectors were leaking from the O ring right here" as he points to a specific spot on his forearm. Highly Recommended.