Brand new 1983/86 Isuzu and owner

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
JFink
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1986 Isuzu Pup 5spd 4x4 w/ 83 2.2L diesel

Brand new 1983/86 Isuzu and owner

Postby JFink » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:59 am

Hi folks. My name's Jordan, out of the state of WA, and I'm the new owner to a little bit of a Frankenstein Isuzu. What I have acquired is a 1986 Isuzu PUP single cab long bed 2.2L diesel 4x4 w/5spd transmission. From the information I've gathered from the previous owner, I've got an 83 frame and motor with an 86 cab and bed mounted on top along with the 5 speed transmission. Always been on the hunt for a 4x4 diesel PUP and have finally found one. So the main reason I joined this group is for the unlimited information and shared ideas. Troubleshooting with multiple sources of knowledge always seems to get problems solved easier. I am also curious if anyone knows of a good manual worth buying with detailed information on these trucks and motors? Anyways, I'll post my current motor issue in another section and keep my introduction as basic as possible. Thanks for the group invite! -Jordan

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: Brand new 1983/86 Isuzu and owner

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:22 pm

Welcome, Jordan. Your transmission must be from the '86, because a 5-speed 4wd was not offered until '86. And I didn't realize there was a long bed 4x4 as early as '83. I'm wondering if perhaps your 4wd chassis may not be '86.

I recommend the factory shop manual. They appear on eBay every now and then. It would be great to have a positive ID on your chassis before you choose which manual to buy (1983 or 1986). There were some changes in brakes and front-end components, and minor electrical changes.

Jack

BravoDrew

Postby BravoDrew » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:00 pm

Wow, the unicorn! Longbed 4x4 with a 5 speed... please post pics!! You will have an amazing rig when you're done
New owner, '86 Isuzu P'Up Turbo Diesel SpaceCab, 5-spd, 2wd

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:30 am

Welcome to the site!