Needed a pickup, live in the city, so, pup.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
shoggot
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1984 pup LB, 5sp gas

Needed a pickup, live in the city, so, pup.

Postby shoggot » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:49 pm

Selling my 2013 Fiat Abarth to get an 84 pup. Picking it up Friday, assuming all goes well.

I live in the city, in Wash. DC, so parking will be on-street... and size is a consideration. So a small 80's truck seemed ideal. By chance, found the 84 (5sp, 1.9l gas, long bed regular cab, 14's) p'up, in very nice condition, as the best of what I could find.

It comes with (dealer isn't willing to sell it without) a camper shell / top, which... I don't need, don't want, and don't really have room to store long-term. Anyone want it? Free to a good home. (The camper shell (assuming that's what it's called), not the p'up).

(Anyone know a good tonneau (sp?) cover which fits? Hard folding preferred, but anything's better than nothing)

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: Needed a pickup, live in the city, so, pup.

Postby JoeIsuzu » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:14 pm

Welcome to the site. We don't have too many members in the DC area.

As for the topper, please list it (with pics) in the "Parts" section.

The accessory aftermarket has pretty much dried up, at least for stuff that only fits P'ups. I have not heard of any other long bed with the same dimensions.

Jack

shoggot
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1984 pup LB, 5sp gas

Re: Needed a pickup, live in the city, so, pup.

Postby shoggot » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:41 pm

Sigh. It was probably salvagable -had timing issues, so couldn't drive it home safely (was about 170 miles away).

Back to the pickup search =(