New Paint Job

The place to discuss problems and routine maintenance questions and tips that are NOT specifically diesel-related.
Dangbert

New Paint Job

Postby Dangbert » Wed May 13, 2020 11:41 am

My sweetheart has picked up some dents, dings and rust over the years and I decided to put the $2,400 my Uncle Sugar sent me toward getting the body work done. He must have checked with my body man, because that was almost the exact total for the body work. One of the reasons I had it done was the number of cracks in the windshield and I was almost certain I would find rust when the windshield was pulled.

Tried to find the actual paint code and its not all that easy. As most Isuzu dealers are no more. So I decided to do a search for Isuzu USA and got

http://www.isuzu.com/company_contact.jsp

Which brings up their website and phone number
Call Us
(800) 255-6727
Hours: 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (PST)
Monday to Friday

Called them, not expecting much. The guy answered, took my info, did a search of his laptop and said, "I do have that information here on my laptop, but the color is Champaign Beige." He took my number and said he would call back with the actual code.

I was impressed and thought I would share.
"84" 5spd long bed diesel

luvcamas

Re: New Paint Job

Postby luvcamas » Sun May 17, 2020 1:49 am

go to a automotive paint store they should have all the info you need to find your color. I used to be a bodyman and have painted many cars. its been a while but the paint store I use to go to had old books that they would look up the car make and year. now days they probably have that on a computer. luck for you Isuzu had only a few colors they painted their trucks.
1986 turbo/diesel 4x4 SB in progress of a full frame off restoration
1981 2wd diesel LB
1981 4wd diesel SB
1982 diesel 4x4 SB
:mrgreen:

Dangbert

Postby Dangbert » Sun May 17, 2020 8:25 am

The problem is, there are three, at least, named colors for a beige 1984 Pup. IF you try to go by the VIN number, you get two, one metallic and one not.

But you are right, it was the "old guy" at the automotive paint store that finally nailed things down for me. BUT he said having the Sherwin-Williams numbers helped.

The counter guy who answered the phone did not have a clue.

luvcamas

Postby luvcamas » Mon May 18, 2020 12:23 am

just don't remember where the paint code is on the pup. there is a label some where. may be on the door jamb or on the door. some cars had the label in the glove box
1986 turbo/diesel 4x4 SB in progress of a full frame off restoration
1981 2wd diesel LB
1981 4wd diesel SB
1982 diesel 4x4 SB
:mrgreen:

Dangbert

Postby Dangbert » Mon May 18, 2020 6:46 am

There is and its next to the hood latch, in front of the radiator. Unfortunately, mine had worn to the extent you could no longer read the code.