Biofuel in Polk

Biodiesel, Veggie, CNG, Solar, Wind, Cow-chip, Nuclear and other alternative power...
beagler

Biofuel in Polk

Postby beagler » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:27 pm

mohunter09, We're up to 16,000 gallons on b100 with no problems. I've run a 2005 GMC Duramax 110,000 miles on it, and no issues. My wife's 2006 TDI has 60,000 on b100, it's approved for b20 under warranty but we run b100, 03 Jetta TDI ran b100 for 8 years, over 100,000 miles of kids driving from FL to TN for soccer games, college commutes, and hunting trips. It's all in how it's made and the computer's programmed specs. My wife works with Clemson, the Catawba EcoComplex, and Appalachian State's biofuels programs, and those universities take their used cafeteria oil and make biofuel for their school's diesel vehicles. Catawba grows its own canola and soybean, crushes them, and makes biofuels for Newton Landfill and Catawba Co. Engineering. Two stage transesterification works great for Bobby R and our family, as well as these universities. It may not be for everyone. Heck, Biltmore Estates now makes biofuels too, from their own canola crop--same process we use. Nucleus and the folks who run Piedmont Biofuels are quite educated on how it works. The military is big biofuel users, and it is working for them. It might not be for everyone, and not everyone makes good fuel and not everyone has the older vehicles whose computer specs can handle the numbers for b100.

and from Warhorse
'81 Chevy Luv Diesel biodiesel
'83 Dodge PowerRam 50 Diesel 4X4 biodiesel
'05 2500 Duramax biodiesel
'03 Jetta TDI biodiesel
'82 Chevy Luv Diesel 4x4
'82 Chevy Luv Diesel

quicknotslow

Re: Biofuel in Polk

Postby quicknotslow » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:03 pm

I ran biodiesel out in Cali for about five years in My 84 L/S. It ran better got about 3 miles to the gallon better. Out in Cali it was about 10 cents a gallon less than standard fuel. I would use it even if it was a little bit more in cost.
Larry

1982 LONG BED DIESEL
1986 TURBO SPACE CAB With 59034 Miles

nucleus

Postby nucleus » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:15 am

Larry,
Not sure how close you are to Winnsboro, SC but Joe Renwick and the guys at Midlands Biofuels make quality biodiesel that meets ASTM spec.
I'm still happy to bring you some of ours also if I can talk you into letting go of that long bed camper shell! :D
1991 4X4 Pickup powered by a Gen 3 Trooper Turbo Diesel engine built by Jerry Lemond. 5 Speed Trooper MSG tranny behind the engine.

arrowmntdiesel

Postby arrowmntdiesel » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:37 am

nucleus wrote: if I can talk you into letting go of that long bed camper shell!

Now Now, don't get to excited over getting that shell from Larry, I have been after that shell from Larry for years now, so you will have to get in line behind me. ( if it is the same one we are both talking about?) :D :D

Mark
AAS degree Diesel Technology 2014, 10 yrs Isuzu Pup diesels. Owner: Arrow-Mountain Diesel services & Arrow-Mnt Windows, Medford, OR. Love God! One Marriage-One Wife, 2 awesome young ladies as my kids. Happily Married for 25+ years. One Blessed Man!

nucleus

Postby nucleus » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:25 pm

arrowmntdiesel wrote:
nucleus wrote: if I can talk you into letting go of that long bed camper shell!

Now Now, don't get to excited over getting that shell from Larry, I have been after that shell from Larry for years now, so you will have to get in line behind me. ( if it is the same one we are both talking about?) :D :D

Mark

Ha! Didn't know I was in line!, sorry Mark! :mrgreen:
Very well then, after you sir! :D
1991 4X4 Pickup powered by a Gen 3 Trooper Turbo Diesel engine built by Jerry Lemond. 5 Speed Trooper MSG tranny behind the engine.