Veg oil conversion questions.

Biodiesel, Veggie, CNG, Solar, Wind, Cow-chip, Nuclear and other alternative power...
indogwetrust88

Veg oil conversion questions.

Postby indogwetrust88 » Sat May 11, 2013 12:53 pm

Hey Yall!

Long time no see. Thanks for all the help I've received from all of you here on the site. It's been an enormous help!

I am about to undergo a diesel to Veg-oil conversion and I was wondering if anyone has already posted a detailed how to on this with photographs?

I was told I will need another alternator as well. I guess because it will have to be able to perform it's standard tasks while supplying enough power
to heat and pull fuel from the tank to engine. Anyone know about this?

The help is appreciated! Thanks for your time!
1985 Isuzu P'up
2.2L Diesel Longbed
2wd

Tigman
Isuzu vehicle(s): Factory 1985 S10 2.2 Diesel, 1989 Isuzu 4x4 2.2 Turbo Diesel, 1999 Chevy Suburban 6.5 Turbo Diesel

Re: Veg oil conversion questions.

Postby Tigman » Sat May 11, 2013 5:12 pm

If you use the search bar and type in "waste veggie oil" and you'll get all kinds of info.

VEGGIE NATE

Postby VEGGIE NATE » Sun May 12, 2013 3:52 pm

What type of conversion are you going to use? I use a two tank set up that uses coolant to heat my wvo so it has a minimal amount of electrical power drain on my stock alternator.
Nate
1986 P'UP LWB,2WD,N/A,5-SPEED,3.42,WVO TWO-TANK

indogwetrust88

Postby indogwetrust88 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:51 am

That's a good idea Nate. I was thinking a two tank set up as well.
1985 Isuzu P'up
2.2L Diesel Longbed
2wd

science

Postby science » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:39 pm

i you're going to use electrics to heat your oil, or use a sleeve to heat the oil in your filter it's a good idea to get the alternator for the pup with a/c. Granted, you probably won't need the sleeve heater when you use your a/c, if you have it.
1981 Chevy Luv 2.2L Diesel -- on grease
1982 Isuzu P'up 2.2L Diesel

iPupGary

Postby iPupGary » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:33 pm

indogwetrust88 wrote:Hey Yall!

Long time no see. Thanks for all the help I've received from all of you here on the site. It's been an enormous help!

I am about to undergo a diesel to Veg-oil conversion and I was wondering if anyone has already posted a detailed how to on this with photographs?

I was told I will need another alternator as well. I guess because it will have to be able to perform it's standard tasks while supplying enough power
to heat and pull fuel from the tank to engine. Anyone know about this?

The help is appreciated! Thanks for your time!

I use the larger alt. to supply power to my dual glow plug electric heater. I use this to reduce my switch over times from 15 minutes to 5 minutes in the winter time from a cold start. It takes my flat plate heat exchanger (FPHE) about 15 minutes to heat the oil up to the proper temperature. The electric booster heater reduces that time to 5 minutes. If you don't plan to pre-heat your veggie oil with a electric heater, the larger alternator isn't neccessary. After the FPHE bring the oil up to temperature, I shut off my electric heater.

Quicker you switch over to the free stuff the better your effective mileage! You can gain about a 3 to 1 advantage by pre-heating your veggie with an electric heater. If you need any help just PM me.

-gary
1982 Chevy Luv 2wd short bed diesel w/ veggie conversion (under construction)
1999 Isuzu Trooper 3.5L Gas