price of diesel - 3/19/12

Biodiesel, Veggie, CNG, Solar, Wind, Cow-chip, Nuclear and other alternative power...
jamezg
Isuzu vehicle(s): 86 2.3 longbed gasser, 86 2.2 turbo spacecab, 87 NA longbed

price of diesel - 3/19/12

Postby jamezg » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:08 pm

Group of stations in the central valley on the main freeway. I5
Attachments
gas_price-3-12.jpg
74 610 PU dump truck
77 dodge custom fire van.
80/82 VW caddy Diesel
84 Sabru brat -broken
84 Toyota motorhome converted to flatbed
86 Isuzu P'up TD spacecab
86 Isuzu p'up 2.3L longbed
87 Isuzu P'up NA longbed
Forklift,excavator,tractor,motorcycles

iPupGary

Re: price of diesel - 3/19/12

Postby iPupGary » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:02 am

I finished my veggie project just in time!

The government borrows or prints 43 cents of very dollar it spends. The price of fuel is just a reflection of the money printing. The demand for gasoline is the lowest it has been since 1997 and gas inventories are the highest since 1993. It's not that gas is going up, it’s the purchasing power of the dollar is falling. If you were to price gasoline in another commodity such as silver, the cost of gas has never been cheaper.

To illustrate the point, if you were to find two dimes minted in 1962 in the seat cushions of your 1966 Dodge Dart, you could buy a gallon of gasoline with those two dimes today. A dime minted in 1962 was 90% silver and silver price today is $32.00 per ounce. So that silver dime is worth somewhere between $2 to $3 dollars.

Let's vote for candidates that are serious about cutting government spending.

As Ron Paul would say, government spending is a tax! The inflation tax is a tax we all have to pay. It hurts the middle class and the poor the most.

-Gary
1982 Chevy Luv 2wd short bed diesel w/ veggie conversion (under construction)
1999 Isuzu Trooper 3.5L Gas

soot fart

Postby soot fart » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:44 am

OMG: If you hang around really smart people long enough you'll find out just how ignorant they really are. Ron Paul? Really?Jerry

Here is an example: My neighbors, both teachers, planted a Willow tree between their two septic tanks.heheeheheh

iPupGary

Postby iPupGary » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:45 am

Jerry,

If you think any of the other smiley faced politicians are serious about cutting government spending and printing US dollars out of thin air, think again. George Bush doubled the size of government with 1/2 trillion dollar deficits and Obama’s spending is double or triple of Bush’s with 1.5 trillion dollar deficits. We will experience price inflation beyond anything this country has every seen before in the not so distant future.

The US dollar lost 2/3 of its value in the 70's. This is why gas prices increased in the 70's. The Arabs didn't want to trade their oil for US dollar of diminished value. Guess what, we are experiencing it again!

-Gary

jamezg

Postby jamezg » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:13 pm

a verinoco?? station about 120' away was selling diesel for 4.35$.
still seems like someone is messing around with the prices.
I am hopping it will get cheep around election time, then i am going to buy a couple of hundred gallons. I am holding 150 gallons that i bought at 4.03$ less then a month ago, now.

not meaning to turn this into a political thread.
74 610 PU dump truck
80/82 VW caddy Diesel
84 Sabru brat -broken
87 Isuzu P'up NA longbed

Phil51988

Postby Phil51988 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:42 pm

Gary makes some excellent points, cause in the end it's all about who has the most gold and guns!
C223 Diesel N/A Soon to be in a 78' CJ5
01 Chevy Prism

pampa

Postby pampa » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:56 pm

prices in argentina ( good test exxellent blend )
regular gas u$d 1.2 each liter
formula gas( more than 95 octane ) u$d 1.5 each liter
regular diesel u$d 0.9 each liter ( diesel engines to 2000 year or down )
euro diesel ( for use in common rail inyection systems european cars ) 1.3 each liter
jack daniels u$d 51
chivas regal u$d 75
coming soon ...we will use whiskey on the tank . :lol:

OzarkDaredevil
Isuzu vehicle(s): '81 Luv diesel 4x4

Postby OzarkDaredevil » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:35 pm

Gary,

You drove that nail right on he head. Pay attention, folks.

Tom
Tom
'81 4x4 diesel LUV - daily driver

jamezg

Postby jamezg » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:24 pm

http://www.santabarbaragasprices.com/re ... chart.aspx

something weird is going on.
never seen them let gas go this low while crude is that high.
74 610 PU dump truck
80/82 VW caddy Diesel
84 Sabru brat -broken
87 Isuzu P'up NA longbed

iPupGary

Postby iPupGary » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:55 am

jamezg wrote:http://www.santabarbaragasprices.com/retail_price_chart.aspx

something weird is going on.
never seen them let gas go this low while crude is that high.

Demand for finished fuels, gas, diesel, etc, has dropped significantly the last few years in the US. I guess unemployed people don’t need to drive as much. Crude oil is priced by the futures market which looks forward in time in anticipating demand. Finished fuel may be lower because of the present supply/demand in the US, not sure. You would think that the law of supply and demand would tell you that gas prices in the US should fall because of lower demand. However, much of the finished fuel is being exported to foreign countries. These countries have massive US foreign reserves. Our inflation (money printing) has a way of washing back onto our shores. People mistakenly think that if we were an oil producing nation that fuel prices would fall in the US. US citizens will get out bid for our own crude oil and finished gas by foreigners who hold these US dollar reserves. Trade deficits have a way of biting back.

If you are interested in the real inflation CPI and unemployment numbers go to http://www.shadowstats.com. The government cooks the books in a way or better described, they take a few inches out of the yard stick when measuring inflation. They don’t measure it the same way as they did in the 1970s.

Here is a great way to compare standards of living between the 1960s and the present:
===============================================================

The minimum wage in 1960 was $1.25/Hour. Silver was fixed at $0.91 per oz in 1961. Today Silver is trading around $22 per oz. In terms of silver, the minimum wage would have to be $30.21 per hour to have the same purchasing power as in 1960/61. And this is the MINIMUM wage. Just considerer the average wage of $5315 per year or $2.54 per hour ($5315/$2088 working hours = $2.54). That would translate to $62.22/hour in today's dollars (in terms of silver).

If you feel that you are poorer today than in the 60s, it's because you are poorer.

History has shown that a country that lives by the printing press dies by the printing press. Counterfeiting is considered theft when we as individuals counterfeit, but it's considered monetary stimulus when the government counterfeits.

Reference links:

https://www.silverinstitute.org/site/si ... 1960-1965/

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_was_the_ ... 960s#page3

http://www.348-409.com/1961flash.html

===============================================================

If you don’t like silver or precious metals to compare standards of livings, then use crude oil or a McDonald’s Big Mac. Just don’t use someone else’s fiat currency. Foreign countries like to print money too.

-Gary

soot fart

Postby soot fart » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Wow, For a measly $175 I can have John Williams tell me everything I want to hear and confirm all my suspicions about our government. And he wants to talk to me personally by phone or email. Gary REALLY?????????? Before it's too late Gary get out of the country. We are already white slaves to your 0ne percent.
Senator Cruz said yesterday," We need another 100 Jesse helms in congress"! Probably won't get any response on this site. Keep us fighting about race abortion religion and yall vote against your own economic interests every time. Downright comical if it wasn't so pathetic. Jerry

And your reference to a "big Mac"is a typical low blow that is just plain MEAN. Have you no shame Gary? Play nice........

iPupGary

Postby iPupGary » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:41 am

Wow! I didn't mean to turn this into something political. I must have hit a sore spot.

The Big Mac reference wasn’t anything derogatory. Quite honestly I’m not sure what your disagreement is about. The idea behind using a Big Mac as a point of monetary reference, besides being a little comical, is that McDonald’s hasn’t changed their Big Mac recipe or contents for many decades. So when the price changes it is not because of the Big Mac itself but rather because the ratio of the available money supply to available supply of Big Mac’s has changed. In other words, somebody has printed too much money. You can think of the free market as an old style auction. If I attended an auction for an item, say a new tennis racket as an example, and everyone has $20 dollars in their pocket, it’s safe to say that the auction price will float up to around the $ 20.00 mark. If I handed everyone in the auction a $100 bill the price could get bid up to around the $100 mark. My point is that money printing doesn’t create wealth. It’s a way for politicians to buy votes by stealing from the masses to pay for big government promises of prosperity. Unfortunately this inflation tax hurts the middle class and the poor the most because they are the most susceptible to rising commodity prices because they consume 95 to 100% of their income. It hurts the rich the least because they consume very little of their total annual income. If you want big government, then you need to finance it through the taxation process and not through money printing. Of course it’s hard to get re-elected by over taxing your citizens. It’s much easier to tax through money printing and lying about the affects and the amount of inflation being waged on the middle class and the poor.

And as to your reference to John William’s Shadowstats.com web site, it is no conspiracy that the government has changed their method for calculating real price inflation. They have been engineering the inflation out of the index since the 1970’s. The two methods they’ve used are substitutions and quality adjustments called hedonics. The basket of items they use to calculate inflation is no longer fixed like it was in the 1970’s. The government can remove steak from the basket of goods and replace it with hamburger. Their rationale for the substation is that Americans have changed their preference from steak to hamburger. But in reality people do this substitution not because their preference for their cut of beef has changed but rather because they can no longer afford steak. Hedonics is a subjective quality adjustment. As an example, if I buy a laptop computer that cost $600 dollars but it is twice as fast as an older computer I previously purchased for the same price, the government adjust down the purchase price by 50% because the new computer is twice as fast. In my opinion, these are just gimmicks to make price inflation look lower than it really is. At some point the government will have us eating cat food and cheerios because Americans have lost their appetite for steak.

This is what I love about the internet. It gives us the freedom to express ourselves! Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Please forgive me if I offended anyone or turned this thread in to a political argument. I guess I was naïve to think that mechanics of economics was apolitical. Jerry, I still “love you man.”