2013 meet?

soot fart
Regular Member
Posts: 1391
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:25 pm
Location: Puyallup, WA

Re: 2013 meet?

Postby soot fart » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:35 pm

That sounds illegal to me. Cohabitation by any other name? Jerry

User avatar
FlukeGE
Regular Member
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:52 pm
Location: Raleigh NC

Re: 2013 meet?

Postby FlukeGE » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:33 am

Halden wrote:The only problem I have is lodging...


Halden,

If you fly into Raleigh you are more than welcome to crash at my place.

Ryan
1986 Trooper Gen III
1999 with 4JG2 Coversion

margaret fishman
Regular Member
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:42 pm
Location: N.FLORIDA

Re: 2013 meet?

Postby margaret fishman » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:47 am

soot fart wrote:That sounds illegal to me. Cohabitation by any other name? Jerry

:shock: :roll: JERRY,YOUR A SICK SICK MAN AND A BAD INFLUENCE , :D I LIKE THAT IN A PERSON :!: :lol:
JOHN 3: 16'88 5-SPD P'UP2.3 '2000 DODGE DAUL ,95 CHEVY V6 5SP[81 DIESEL 5 SP FLAT BED ,92 NISSAN 4X4 5SP ,96 S-10 PK I'VE REACHED THAT AGE WHERE MY BRAIN W/FROM 'I PROBABLY SHOULDN'T SAY THAT ' to OH WHAT THE HECK LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS

User avatar
Halden
Regular Member
Posts: 2667
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:20 pm
Location: Marysville WA
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1983 Diesel LS Long Bed 4x4

Re: 2013 meet?

Postby Halden » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Well I have thought about it, I have some projects this fall and I need money to do them. I am buying a trooper to go to school in for the winter so I don't rust my Pup to nothing, or my I-mark. Every dollar helps and weekends are times when I earn the big bucks since I work at a church and a pizza place!

But to all those who were willing to house me, thanks!
It's not pronounced "Ih-soo-zoo", it's pronounced "It-screws-you"

User avatar
FlukeGE
Regular Member
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:52 pm
Location: Raleigh NC

Re: 2013 meet?

Postby FlukeGE » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:40 pm

Halden,

Thats too bad but understandable. Sounds like you have your priorities pretty straight however.

Ryan
1986 Trooper Gen III
1999 with 4JG2 Coversion

User avatar
FlukeGE
Regular Member
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:52 pm
Location: Raleigh NC

Re: 2013 meet?

Postby FlukeGE » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:53 pm

Anyone coming to the meet have any interest in doing a bulk buy on oil filters and/or fuel filters? I bought a fuel filter and oil filter today at Napa and even with a "discount" I was out $45. I looked around on the internet and found a place that sells wix filters. If you buy in qty you can get a decent deal. Shipping on 34 fuel filters (to make the $500) and 56 oil filters is $121.66. Even on the $125 dollar order you get a little off.

Wix 51091
Price: $11.31
At $125 order: $10.18
At $500 order: $9.05

Wix 33128
Price Each: $18.90
At $125 order: $17.01
At $500 order: $15.12

The website is http://www.fleetfilter.com/

Thank you,

Ryan
1986 Trooper Gen III
1999 with 4JG2 Coversion

riddinlow
Regular Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: Clarkson, KY

Re: 2013 meet?

Postby riddinlow » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:00 am

Any plans on making a meet closer to Kentucky like maybe Nashville or somewhere like that.

User avatar
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Posts: 20065
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:11 am
Location: Germantown (next to Elvistown), TN
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: 2013 meet?

Postby JoeIsuzu » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:22 am

riddinlow wrote:Any plans on making a meet closer to Kentucky like maybe Nashville or somewhere like that.

None at the moment. We had one in Memphis last year.

Jack

riddinlow
Regular Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: Clarkson, KY

Re: 2013 meet?

Postby riddinlow » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:29 am

Ok keep me posted if y'all make one closer to me thx

User avatar
nucleus
Regular Member
Posts: 478
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:28 pm
Location: Carrboro/Chapel Hill, NC

Re: 2013 meet?

Postby nucleus » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:53 pm

FlukeGE wrote:Anyone coming to the meet have any interest in doing a bulk buy on oil filters and/or fuel filters? I bought a fuel filter and oil filter today at Napa and even with a "discount" I was out $45. I looked around on the internet and found a place that sells wix filters. If you buy in qty you can get a decent deal. Shipping on 34 fuel filters (to make the $500) and 56 oil filters is $121.66. Even on the $125 dollar order you get a little off.

Wix 51091
Price: $11.31
At $125 order: $10.18
At $500 order: $9.05

Wix 33128
Price Each: $18.90
At $125 order: $17.01
At $500 order: $15.12

The website is http://www.fleetfilter.com/

Thank you,

Ryan



I was purchasing the NAPA filters locally just as you were for the same price. A few months ago, I found the Baldwin equivalent; probably the best filter you can get for a C223, at half the price of a NAPA/Wix. I'd be happy to go in on a multiple order of these with you, but I don't think either of us would save a dime. This place sells Baldwins singly cheaper than other places sell them in bulk for. It's all I'm ever buying again for my diesels.
http://filterspro.com/detail.cfm?part=1093257
1991 4X4 Pickup powered by a Gen 3 Trooper Turbo Diesel engine built by Jerry Lemond. 5 Speed Trooper MSG tranny behind the engine.

User avatar
FlukeGE
Regular Member
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:52 pm
Location: Raleigh NC

Re: 2013 meet?

Postby FlukeGE » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:52 pm

nucleus wrote:
FlukeGE wrote:Anyone coming to the meet have any interest in doing a bulk buy on oil filters and/or fuel filters? I bought a fuel filter and oil filter today at Napa and even with a "discount" I was out $45. I looked around on the internet and found a place that sells wix filters. If you buy in qty you can get a decent deal. Shipping on 34 fuel filters (to make the $500) and 56 oil filters is $121.66. Even on the $125 dollar order you get a little off.

Wix 51091
Price: $11.31
At $125 order: $10.18
At $500 order: $9.05

Wix 33128
Price Each: $18.90
At $125 order: $17.01
At $500 order: $15.12

The website is http://www.fleetfilter.com/

Thank you,

Ryan



I was purchasing the NAPA filters locally just as you were for the same price. A few months ago, I found the Baldwin equivalent; probably the best filter you can get for a C223, at half the price of a NAPA/Wix. I'd be happy to go in on a multiple order of these with you, but I don't think either of us would save a dime. This place sells Baldwins singly cheaper than other places sell them in bulk for. It's all I'm ever buying again for my diesels.
http://filterspro.com/detail.cfm?part=1093257


I checked the website and the price shows as $22.54. Is there a discount code I need to put in somewhere?

Thank you,

Ryan
1986 Trooper Gen III
1999 with 4JG2 Coversion

margaret fishman
Regular Member
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:42 pm
Location: N.FLORIDA

Re: 2013 meet?

Postby margaret fishman » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:03 am

WELL WHAT EVER YOU ALL DECIDE I'M GAME :? WILL THE FILTERS FIT ANY YEAR OR MODEL. WHAT ABOUT THE BALDWIN FILTERS IF THERE A BETTER PRICE LETS BUY FROM THEM AND HOW MUCH DO YOU NEED ? :D MARGARET
FlukeGE wrote:
nucleus wrote:
FlukeGE wrote:Anyone coming to the meet have any interest in doing a bulk buy on oil filters and/or fuel filters? I bought a fuel filter and oil filter today at Napa and even with a "discount" I was out $45. I looked around on the internet and found a place that sells wix filters. If you buy in qty you can get a decent deal. Shipping on 34 fuel filters (to make the $500) and 56 oil filters is $121.66. Even on the $125 dollar order you get a little off.

Wix 51091
Price: $11.31
At $125 order: $10.18
At $500 order: $9.05

Wix 33128
Price Each: $18.90
At $125 order: $17.01
At $500 order: $15.12

The website is http://www.fleetfilter.com/

Thank you,

Ryan



I was purchasing the NAPA filters locally just as you were for the same price. A few months ago, I found the Baldwin equivalent; probably the best filter you can get for a C223, at half the price of a NAPA/Wix. I'd be happy to go in on a multiple order of these with you, but I don't think either of us would save a dime. This place sells Baldwins singly cheaper than other places sell them in bulk for. It's all I'm ever buying again for my diesels.
http://filterspro.com/detail.cfm?part=1093257


I checked the website and the price shows as $22.54. Is there a discount code I need to put in somewhere?

Thank you,

Ryan
Last edited by JoeIsuzu on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Repaired quoting...
JOHN 3: 16'88 5-SPD P'UP2.3 '2000 DODGE DAUL ,95 CHEVY V6 5SP[81 DIESEL 5 SP FLAT BED ,92 NISSAN 4X4 5SP ,96 S-10 PK I'VE REACHED THAT AGE WHERE MY BRAIN W/FROM 'I PROBABLY SHOULDN'T SAY THAT ' to OH WHAT THE HECK LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS

margaret fishman
Regular Member
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:42 pm
Location: N.FLORIDA

Re: 2013 meet?

Postby margaret fishman » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:23 am

THERE ALL DIFFERENT ACCORDING TO ENGINE SIZE AND I DOUBT U CAN MIX THEM UP OR CAN U ?
JOHN 3: 16'88 5-SPD P'UP2.3 '2000 DODGE DAUL ,95 CHEVY V6 5SP[81 DIESEL 5 SP FLAT BED ,92 NISSAN 4X4 5SP ,96 S-10 PK I'VE REACHED THAT AGE WHERE MY BRAIN W/FROM 'I PROBABLY SHOULDN'T SAY THAT ' to OH WHAT THE HECK LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS

phil cottingham
Regular Member
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 6:17 pm
Location: fairhope, alabama
Isuzu vehicle(s): 85 s10 with 2.2 diesel

Re: 2013 meet?

Postby phil cottingham » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:36 pm

Margaret, I thought you had disappeared . Hadn't heard anything out of you in awhile. haha phil

User avatar
trooper T/diesel
Regular Member
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 6:24 pm
Location: oregon

Re: 2013 meet?

Postby trooper T/diesel » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:46 am

including shipping i can get fuel filters for $7.30 each...

the late model oils for $11.05

early type oil is kinda steep at $10.10

N\A air filter $3.00


though availability is limited on some of the items...
there's only 7 of the early oil filters and only 4 of the air filters, as of this posting...
soot fart wrote:if god had intended for us to drive automatics, he wouldn't have given us two feet


rust free frame 1981 4wd luv for sale no engine\trans Cliky to see

hearsthe
weather forecast for NW OR
10 Commandments of Hypermiling