Not a P'up, but a close relative....my 1981 I-Mark diesel

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
puttputtinpup

Not a P'up, but a close relative....my 1981 I-Mark diesel

Postby puttputtinpup » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:24 am

Guys, I was torn a bit when the opportunity presented itself to swap out my 1985 LS diesel for this pristine 1981 I-Mark 1.8 5-speed diesel. The swap was with a current member (VendPro) who also happened to have played a large part in planning our 1st ever P'up meet in Charlotte, NC
It wasn't until I got "her" home that I realized how similar she was to my 1982 P'up...white paint w/ tan interior. Currently, I don't have lowbeam headlights, but I'm working on that. The dimmer switch on the column is bad.
Here are a couple of pictures:
1981 I-Mark.JPG
'81 Isuzu I-Mark diesel.JPG

Andy

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: Not a P'up, but a close relative....my 1981 I-Mark diesel

Postby JoeIsuzu » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:55 am

Great car, I wouldn't mind having one of those. I hope you will keep track of your fuel economy, I'd love to hear what you get.

Jack

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:08 pm

I haven't checked it yet, of course, but Jerry says it should get in upper 30's and maybe into the low 40's if it stays at highway speed. Alan had it set up on veggie, but I had him remove all the relays, etc. He did leave the extra tank in the trunk all hooked up for me. The body has about 165,000 on it, but the engine/transmission came from an auto mechanic school. They had been donated to the school by Isuzu, and were mounted onto a stand when Alan got them. I need a couple of tires for it, and need to check out the brakes for wear and a minor pedal leakdown. Possibly a bad master cyl. I'll let you know if I run across another one. Ed Wright also has one, if I remember correctly.
Andy

Twin_Stacks

Postby Twin_Stacks » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:16 pm

JoeIsuzu wrote:Great car, I wouldn't mind having one of those. I hope you will keep track of your fuel economy, I'd love to hear what you get.

Jack

My exact words stolen form me.
Jared
1986 Isuzu Pup diesel, 5spd, 3" stacks, custom flat bed

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:06 pm

The dimmer sw on the column is bad. I don't have lowbeams. The prev owner has another sw, so whenever I get it fixed, I can start working on the other stuff and run it. I'll keep this thread going here, if Jack's ok with it.

PUPdiesel
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1986 Isuzu Trooper II diesel

Postby PUPdiesel » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:55 pm

Hey Andy, congrats on picking up the I-Mark. Hey, you traded a truck but you've owned a few of them so having the car will surely make up for it. I'm sure it will be very fuel efficient and nothing beats driving an older Isuzu diesel instead of any of these newer fuel efficient cars that are only gas or hybrid, yet you don't get that satisfaction from the diesel clatter when you start it up (am I right)? Haha, good luck with it and I agree keep us updated on what you get for your first few tanks of fuel.

Sal
1986 Isuzu Trooper II diesel
265/75/R15 tires
Centerforce dual-friction clutch
w/ 81 C223, needs a turbo!

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:05 am

Good to hear from you again, Sal. I was thinking about you the other day when I went through the pup meet pics again. For now, I'm stuck with not being able to drive it w/o the dimmer switch, but Alan said he'd try to get the replacement to me soon. If I get the switch by this weekend, I'll drive it next week to Va
Andy