Troopers to P'UP

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
JIMK_USA
Isuzu vehicle(s): 82 Diesel 4x2

Troopers to P'UP

Postby JIMK_USA » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:45 pm

Hi all,

I'm not new to Isuzus, (89, 92, 94 Troopers, 96 Rodeo) but I have recently inherited an 82' diesel pickup, and boy it's been sorely neglected. My wife ain't happy about my new project. So what eles's new?

I'll be the FNG in this forum to get the scoop on all beta regarding Pups. I'm not new to passenger diesels either ("97 F250 7.3 PSD, '03 VW 1.9 TDI) but I'm keen on returning to simpler engines, like my tractors.

here's the vin # JAACL1455C0719407

I'll be sure to post pics as this long strange trip begins.

The last truck I will never buy?

best,
Jim

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: Troopers to P'UP

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:39 pm

Welcome to the site. You'll find this is more like your tractor than your TDI. ;)

Jack

puttputtinpup

Re: Troopers to P'UP

Postby puttputtinpup » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:35 am

JoeIsuzu wrote:Welcome to the site. You'll find this is more like your tractor than your TDI. ;)

Jack

Actually, I ran a straight pipe on my truck because the flex pipe and muffler were rusted out. She sounded just like a little diesel farm tractor.