New member in NY

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
Jswatland
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1983 pup

New member in NY

Postby Jswatland » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:16 pm

Hi all, i recently acquired an 83 p'up from an older friend of mine, unfortunately he had to be moved into a nursing home so his sister is selling his assets. I'm not going to keep the truck and I know there are some sleazy guys who export these, i just want to find a good home for it and don't need to get top dollar. I'll be placing a classified ad once I get it cleaned up. Thanks all

Joe

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: New member in NY

Postby JoeIsuzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:43 pm

Hi, Joe. Nice of you to introduce yourself, even though you're here only for your friend. It's a really kind thing that you're doing. And for an outsider, you already know a lot about the market for these trucks.

Jack

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:04 am

Welcome to the forum. Was your friend a member here? Perhaps Jack can put younin touch with a few NY & Northeast members that might be glad to take it off your hands

Jswatland

Postby Jswatland » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:20 am

No, he wasn't a member. He had 5 or 6 of these trucks at one point, and a small diesel SUV (I can't remember the name, raider is in my head for some reason) He was friends with an exporter and bought most of the trucks from that guy. That exporter bought most of the trucks back at a fraction of what he sold them for when my friend's sister started liquidating his assets. I have no respect for him, id just as soon burn this truck down than see him get a hold of it. But anyways, is an 83 long bed with a 5 speed. It has a flat bed. The odometer reads 80,000 and I assume it's correct. It's a Florida truck and is very rust free. I have some pics of it but it lools like I need to upload them to a picture site to post them here?

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:51 pm

We also lothe the exporters here. I really hope someone here will buy it from you.

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:31 pm

Jswatland wrote:I have some pics of it but it lools like I need to upload them to a picture site to post them here?

Please please please don't use a "picture site". Just add them to your post here. But since you're just here to sell, I'd save them for the for-sale listing, though.

Jack

Jswatland

Postby Jswatland » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:06 pm

I went back through the email I got when I registered and read how to post a picture. I'll save it for the sale ad like suggested. I had assumed you didn't host because I clicked on the picture icon and It didn't give me the option to upload. I should have read the instructions first. Hahaha. Hopefully I'll have time next week to get the truck cleaned up

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Postby JoeIsuzu » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:28 pm

Jswatland wrote:I went back through the email I got when I registered and read how to post a picture.

I don't recall that being part of any email from the site. I may need to review what's going out. Oh, the email had a link to the FAQ page, so I guess that's probably what you were reading. Instructions for posting pics are in the FAQs, here.

Jack

Jswatland

Postby Jswatland » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:30 am

Yes, it was the link the the FAQ page. Thanks

Return to “My P'up! (Introduce yourself here)”