Introduction

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
B.Scott
Isuzu vehicle(s): 82 Isuzu Pup 2wd 2.2 long bed 5 speed

Introduction

Postby B.Scott » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:59 pm

Hello everyone! I am the owner of a 82 pup with the 2.2 diesel engine and a troublesome 5 speed trasnmission. Im from Arkansas and work for the state as a mechanic. I bought the truck from my boss who bought it from his boss, who owned the truck for a little over two decades I believe. Ive visited this site several times and found it to be very helpful. I look forward to learning more about these little jewels 8)

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: Introduction

Postby JoeIsuzu » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:12 pm

Welcome to the site. We have a few members in your area, and there's a guy in the Jonesboro area who does a lot of trading and work on these trucks.

Personally, I've come to really like your part of the country. We make some occasional weekend trips there -- Bentonville, Heber Springs, Hot Springs, etc., and I have a son in Little Rock.

There's a topic in the "How-to" section on upgrading the transmission.

Jack

B.Scott

Postby B.Scott » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:21 pm

Do you have any info on the guy at jonesboro? I've done alot of research on the parts for the swap but not having much luck finding a trans. We make trips to Heber to trout fish and hiking sugarloaf.

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:01 am

Welcome to the site!
Currently P'up-less, but keeping my eyes open for a good deal
Click this link for misc. diesel technical bulletins & other info

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:35 am

B.Scott wrote:Do you have any info on the guy at jonesboro? I've done alot of research on the parts for the swap but not having much luck finding a trans. We make trips to Heber to trout fish and hiking sugarloaf.

Now I’m not certain if it was Jonesboro or Fayetteville. But his name was Lee Sword. He’s not a computer user, but he came to our Memphis P’up meet with his grandson, who had a P’up at the time.

Transmissions from 1988-1995 2.3L trucks turn up now and then. That’s what you need to be looking for.

Jack

B.Scott

Postby B.Scott » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:53 am

Appreciate it! Found a isuzu only salvage yard in Fayetteville on craigslist, but it didn't have a phone number. Really missing the fuel mileage of the little truck compared to my chevy lol.

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Postby JoeIsuzu » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:57 am

Can you post the Craigslist link here? Somebody may know something about it.

Jack

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Postby JoeIsuzu » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:00 am

Found it.
https://fayar.craigslist.org/pts/d/isuz ... 92046.html

Looks like J5Trooper. I doubt he’ll have one for a 2wd, but it wouldn’t hurt to have him looking for one.

Edit: Confirmed, it is John. Phone number matches what I have for him. Give him a call.

Jack

Return to “My P'up! (Introduce yourself here)”