My intro

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
denturelessdawg
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1991 Isuzu Pickup 2.3l engine standard cab 2-wheel drive

My intro

Postby denturelessdawg » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:10 am

Hi. I own 2 Isuzu pickups: A 1991 2.3L Isuzu pickup and a 1993 2.6L Isuzu pickup. Boy these engines are rock solid. I always wondered why I never saw them listed in consumer reports. I figured they were "insignificant". They don't break down too often because they have very few moving parts!

Now however, I was toying with the idea of swapping my 2.3L with a "fire breathing" Chevy V-8 since my pickup is old enough not to be required to pass an emissions test in Texas. I'm hoping this site would provide some guidance. I've always loved the styling of these old pickups and wondered how one would look tearing up the pavement!

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: My intro

Postby JoeIsuzu » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:44 am

Welcome to the site!

Jack

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:12 pm

Welcome to the site!
Currently P'up-less, but keeping my eyes open for a good deal
Click this link for misc. diesel technical bulletins & other info

Sandpig
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1981 diesel pup 4x4

Postby Sandpig » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:09 pm

Welcome I looked at putting a 350 in an s10 many years ago I decided against it due to the weight increase there were a lot of extras to do the job right it wasn't worth the money to me.

Return to “My P'up! (Introduce yourself here)”