I finally got my Unicorn!!;!

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
Bellski
Isuzu vehicle(s): '81 P'up 4*4 4spd diesel shortbed

I finally got my Unicorn!!;!

Postby Bellski » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:31 am

Hi there, name's Bell,

I went without a car for a year and a half, looking far n wide, because I couldn't find anything decent (to me, not many makes and models ARE decent, I have have nightmare luck with all of em.... Then I found ....

A 1981 Izusu P'up 4*4 standard cab SHORT bed 4speed manual DIESEL!!! With a sun roof! (That I will never open because it doesn't leak lol)

Runs great, got it from a Knapheide Portland distributor who put a basic ram air intake on it, added a manual fan switch for hills, pushed forward the timing a lil for power, and put 15" Xterra tires and rims on it.

So now I am here, because, well, where else?

Does have a minor oil leak, which I should address sooner than later, but my mail issue is lack of tire clearance for full turns.

I am a proud and enthusiastic owner not a reseller of any kind although I am considering selling my bed and flat bedding it.

I need to learn about the engine, I need to learn about lift kits, gotta keep 'er alive and well ya know?

So that's me, cheers to you!

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: I finally got my Unicorn!!;!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:44 am

Welcome to the site!

Jack

puttputtinpup

Re: I finally got my Unicorn!!;!

Postby puttputtinpup » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:54 pm

Welcome to the site, Bell. Ram air? Just be sure no water can enter the intake like even in a heavy down pour. It'll toast your engine. The front end has torsion bars, so at least it can be raise a little by tightening those bolts up an even amount of turns. The rear, you can install air shocks or helper springs.
Enough off intro topic stuff. We'll save it til you post specific questions in the appropriate section(s).
We'd all love to see pictures of your 81 4x4 diesel, especially with those tires & wheels. Hit the Full Editor & Preview button below your dialogue box, find attachments button, select your picture on your device, and upload.