84 sb diesel

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
Creeptown57
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1984 diesel sb, 5 speed trans

84 sb diesel

Postby Creeptown57 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:16 pm

New p'up owner, it's literally in transit across the USA, and I'm so excited I signed up to this great forum, that in several ways, indirectly helped me in my descision to purchase this truck.
I live in Loudoun county Virginia. Truck has lived it's 33 years of service in northwest Washington state. I grew up on the old Nissan king cab pick up. My dad had an 81 I believe, then he got an 89. Those are great, but something about these Isuzu p'ups are calling me. I don't know much about them but I'm about to learn!

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: 84 sb diesel

Postby JoeIsuzu » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:40 pm

Welcome to the site! Hope your truck comes with few surprises. ;)

I'm really curious to know how much the transport costs...

Jack

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:15 am

Welcome to the site! I used to run a route +20yrs ago that had me laid over in Leesville, Va. from time to time. We had a couple of members up your way but can't remember their names. One parted out his truck after a neighbor's vehicle rolled out of their driveway and T-boned his truck. Another was an airplane pilot.

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:23 am

Creeptown57

Postby Creeptown57 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:16 pm

I don't know leesville, but I'm in Leesburg, maybe it's the same place? Lots of lees out on the east coast though!
The transit costed $950 door to door. The truck was in very out in the boonies part of extreme north east Washington. Like across the sound from Seattle, 90 miles north of Tacoma. It's due to arrive at 11pm, then I have to drive it a couple miles to my house cuz we also live in the boonies! Should be an adventure.
I keep looking around for some fellow pups, but haven't seen any. Seems like it's been a few years actually. Maybe I'll notice more once I start driving it around? Anyhow, hope to get a couple photos of this pup once it settles into its new home. Thanks!!

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:31 am

Creeptown57 wrote:I don't know leesville, but I'm in Leesburg, maybe it's the same place? Lots of lees out on the east coast though!
The transit costed $950 door to door. The truck was in very out in the boonies part of extreme north east Washington. Like across the sound from Seattle, 90 miles north of Tacoma. It's due to arrive at 11pm, then I have to drive it a couple miles to my house cuz we also live in the boonies! Should be an adventure.
I keep looking around for some fellow pups, but haven't seen any. Seems like it's been a few years actually. Maybe I'll notice more once I start driving it around? Anyhow, hope to get a couple photos of this pup once it settles into its new home. Thanks!!
:oops: you're right...it was Leesburg. I hope you made it home with it alright.

Creeptown57

Postby Creeptown57 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:39 pm

Well, it arrived about a week ago. It is instantly my favorite vehicle ever! The kids love it too, talking about "can we keep it forever?" As long as the body stays together!!
Only thing is it doesn't seem to like to start cold... it starts just real rough then it's real smooth after a minute of warming up.
Never owned a diesel before so maybe that par for the course? Who knows?!
Anyway still haven't seen any out my way, just a bunch of toyotas and nissans, and a Mazda the next town over. It's one of a kind!!!

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:03 am

Creeptown57 wrote:Only thing is it doesn't seem to like to start cold... it starts just real rough then it's real smooth after a minute of warming up.
Never owned a diesel before so maybe that par for the course? Who knows?!

Nope! It’s a common issue, but is not “par for the course“. Let’s take that discussion up in the “Diesel - Troubleshooting and Maintenance” section. And if you do some reading there, you may find your trouble. By all means, avoid using starting fluid due to the potential damage it can do.

Jack

Creeptown57

Postby Creeptown57 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:52 am

Yeah I know that for sure!! Delivery guy was going to try to and I said "why not try the glow plugs?! They do work!!"
I did look it up and seems to be one of three possible issues. Thanks for the forum!

Creeptown57

Postby Creeptown57 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:21 pm

Forgot to add the pictures I have of this fine Pup machine!
Previous owner painted it, and I am thinking I may eventually paint it back to a more pup color. I personally like the cream white but it will show the rust too much so I may go rust/copper brown.
Attachments
IMG_0988.JPG
IMG_0987.JPG
IMG_0986.JPG
IMG_0985.JPG

Creeptown57

Postby Creeptown57 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:40 pm

I wanted to document my families love for the Isuzu pup with this update.
Driving in the rain today, my 6 year old daughter said "you know those windshield wipers? It really sounds like they're talking" I asked what it sounded like they were saying. Her reply was great.
She said " Go, Isuzu. Go, Isuzu"
Pretty great times!

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:22 pm

Creeptown57 wrote:I wanted to document my families love for the Isuzu pup with this update.
Driving in the rain today, my 6 year old daughter said "you know those windshield wipers? It really sounds like they're talking" I asked what it sounded like they were saying. Her reply was great.
She said " Go, Isuzu. Go, Isuzu"
Pretty great times!

That's hilarious

Return to “My P'up! (Introduce yourself here)”