Introduction

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
l33tm45t3rm4x
Isuzu vehicle(s): '81 I-Mark

Introduction

Postby l33tm45t3rm4x » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:11 pm

My name is Dakota,
I was trolling around on Craigslist one day for an older diesel. I saw this 81 I-Mark and I had never scene one of these before. The guy that I bought it from said that it was in a garage for a long time. They rebuilt the running gear and it has a few other new parts. 99k original mile, the interior is amazing. The seals on the windows and trunk need to be replaced like most rubbers will at this age. But so far the only thing that I happen to see is a leaking injection pump assembly. This baby has no power steering and no ac system it is a non-turbo diesel I plan to just use to travel and safe gas maybe even cruise the land after the lights all go off haha. I have been working on cars for years and am currently working toward my ASE cert this is my first diesel and I am really excited to get into it!
Thanks again everyone this site is amazing and I can't wait to get this guy back on the road.

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: Introduction

Postby JoeIsuzu » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:16 pm

Welcome to the site, Dakota. There’s plenty of love here for the I-mark and the 4FB1.

Jack

puttputtinpup

Re: Introduction

Postby puttputtinpup » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:22 pm

Welcome to the site! We have a member in California whose wife was recently in an accident totalling their pristine Imark. He has that car and many many spare parts for sale. He goes by Reidspup (if I spelled it correctly)
Currently P'up-less, but keeping my eyes open for a good deal
Click this link for misc. diesel technical bulletins & other info

Return to “My P'up! (Introduce yourself here)”