Late Intro

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
OzarkDaredevil
Isuzu vehicle(s): '81 Luv diesel 4x4

Re: Late Intro

Post by OzarkDaredevil »

"Clown paint"? I really like the colors on your rig! Guess that makes me a clown...

Tom
Tom
'81 4x4 diesel LUV - daily driver
soot fart

Post by soot fart »

I didn't come up with the description " Clown car". All the major car makers went with the 2/3 colors in the day. I hate to admit it but I liked them in their day. Jerry
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Post by JoeIsuzu »

soot fart wrote:I didn't come up with the description " Clown car". All the major car makers went with the 2/3 colors in the day. I hate to admit it but I liked them in their day. Jerry

Yeah, in about 1986, I was seriously looking at a Dodge with almost the same color scheme. I even built an R/C airplane and used the same color scheme, to match the truck.

Jack
Halden
Isuzu vehicle(s): 83 Dsl LS Long Bed 4x4, 82 Dsl 2wd Short Bed 5 spd

Post by Halden »

A "p'update" Jack? Really? You just had to go there didn't you... Ha Very clever actually.

Well for my two cents plus a penny for my thoughts... I would go with that original paint scheme, I think it really suits these trucks very well. Then again I grew up with that pain scheme... I personally think it would be great if you could find some LS Rims again, then you'd have a brand-new looking/working (I assume from your description) truck after all said and done. Maybe a canopy too! I don't remember if your garage is high enough to suspend it from the ceiling or not though.
It's not pronounced "Ih-soo-zoo", it's pronounced "It-screws-you"
83 LS Long Box Dsl 4x4
82 Short Box Dsl 5 spd
64 Chevy C20 w/ 283 & 4 speed.
05 Sonata with a standard
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Halden wrote:I personally think it would be great if you could find some LS Rims again, then you'd have a brand-new looking/working (I assume from your description) truck after all said and done.
Thanks for the input. However, I'm not going back to 14" rims. I've heard it's getting hard to find tires for them.
Halden wrote:Maybe a canopy too! I don't remember if your garage is high enough to suspend it from the ceiling or not though.
There was a factory right down the road from me back when the truck was new. I considered one of those really nice, high color-matched fiberglass canopies, but I didn't want to spend $1,000 and have to remove it to haul big stuff or even mulch. If I found one now, I'd probably buy it. But I'm also tempted by the Roll-N-Lock style bed covers. They don't offer one for our trucks, but there are other companies that might. They're PRICEY, though.

Jack
Halden
Isuzu vehicle(s): 83 Dsl LS Long Bed 4x4, 82 Dsl 2wd Short Bed 5 spd

Post by Halden »

Interesting, I wasn't really aware of that. I thought 14 inch tires were rather common. Maybe I just don't pay enough attention. Are you talking about just standard passenger tires or "truck" tires?
It's not pronounced "Ih-soo-zoo", it's pronounced "It-screws-you"
83 LS Long Box Dsl 4x4
82 Short Box Dsl 5 spd
64 Chevy C20 w/ 283 & 4 speed.
05 Sonata with a standard
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Halden wrote:Interesting, I wasn't really aware of that. I thought 14 inch tires were rather common. Maybe I just don't pay enough attention. Are you talking about just standard passenger tires or "truck" tires?
Passenger tires.

Jack
phil cottingham
Isuzu vehicle(s): 85 s10 with 2.2 diesel

Post by phil cottingham »

15's are not as common as they used be either. I used to pick up a lot of good pull offs but everything has gone to 16 , 17 , 18 and even 20's. Phil
nucleus

Post by nucleus »

True on the 14 inch tires. No problem if you settle for passenger tires. If you want actual truck tires, good luck. 15's are the way to go.
By the way, nice intro Jack! Good looking Pup you have there. I know a guy here in Pittsboro that is also an original owner of an '81. I've been after him for months to join the forum but I don't think he has yet...
Great work on the site too. It's always a pleasure coming here and I'm sure I speak for everyone else when I say the knowledge passed around on this forum is a blessing to those of us still keeping these humble little trucks still going strong 25+ years out from when they were new....
Kudos!!
1991 4X4 Pickup powered by a Gen 3 Trooper Turbo Diesel engine built by Jerry Lemond. 5 Speed Trooper MSG tranny behind the engine.
Gerald K4NHN

Post by Gerald K4NHN »

Jack, do you still have any RC stuff.
Gerald K4NHN
Cayce, SC

"One test is worth a thousand opinions"

1983 LS DIESEL LONG BED 2 W/D 126K miles

1986 LS Trooper Tubro Diesel 4 W/D 186K + miles SOLD
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Gerald K4NHN wrote:Jack, do you still have any RC stuff.

No, I got rid of it after the AMA-affiliated clubs made my radio obsolete. My club had moved, and it was so far to the field, I wasn't flying enough to justify a new radio. I had a really nice Great Planes Trainer 60 and was about 90% finished with a Super Kaos 60 when I sold it all for a ridiculous price. :( I wish I had a photo of the plane, along with the truck.

Jack
OzarkDaredevil
Isuzu vehicle(s): '81 Luv diesel 4x4

Post by OzarkDaredevil »

soot fart wrote:I didn't come up with the description " Clown car". All the major car makers went with the 2/3 colors in the day. I hate to admit it but I liked them in their day. Jerry

Actually I thought Jack came up with that term
Tom
'81 4x4 diesel LUV - daily driver
Gerald K4NHN

Post by Gerald K4NHN »

The Super Kaos 60 was a great pattern plane. I still have the 40 size Kaos. Not as nice as the 60 size though I still have everything that I had and was selling at that time, Steve will be selling a lot of that stuff of mine as antiques for a lot more than what I paid for it. I still have maybe 50 -60 kits and about a hundred engines and all the hardware stored away.. Those were the fun days, boreing holes in the sky.
Gerald K4NHN
Cayce, SC

"One test is worth a thousand opinions"

1983 LS DIESEL LONG BED 2 W/D 126K miles

1986 LS Trooper Tubro Diesel 4 W/D 186K + miles SOLD
Little pup
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1985 4x4 long bed. 1.9L petrol 4sp manual California truck that has no AC.

Post by Little pup »

Nice!
:D