Hey Guys - New Trooper Owner

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
Gumbeaux
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1993 Isuzu Trooper

Hey Guys - New Trooper Owner

Postby Gumbeaux » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:07 am

Hey folks!

My name is Zack. I'm currently in Lafayette, LA and just picked up a 93 Trooper and a 94 Trooper. I was told by another forum member to join here, even though I don't have a Pickup.

The first one I bought is a 1993 Trooper SOHC truck with what I presume is a dead 4L30E. It pulls fine until it gets to operating temperature and then slips really badly. Otherwise, the rig has 83K miles, is in relatively good shape. I thought it was a good deal at $300 for a running rig.

After reading that my options for the 4L30E pretty much suck all the way around, I realized I might have bitten off more than I could chew. However, the next day I found a 94 Trooper 5 speed on Craigslist. It had succumbed to our historic floods in August, but it is a 5 speed truck. I went to look at it last night, and its rough as all hell - but I figure even if the transmission got washed out, theres a chance I could save it - and I still would have rathered had a intact rig to swap other stuff like clutch lines and pedal box from. I paid $150 bucks and the guy will deliver it this week.

The best part is that it was that the 93 was owned by an Isuzu dealership technician originally. When the local Isuzu dealer shut down, he swiped a pretty decent chunk of OEM Isuzu parts off the shelf before they got tossed.

By trade, I have a company that develops and manufactures parts for older sports cars. I'll be relocating to WA state fairly soon, and hope I can build this Trooper to serve me well in North Central WA.

Hope I can learn a good bit here. Also, I think I have parts for Pickups, Amigos, Rodeos, Impulses and goodness knows what else. It's going to take me a while to go through them all!

puttputtinpup

Re: Hey Guys - New Trooper Owner

Postby puttputtinpup » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:28 am

Hello Zack! Welcome to the site. We have quite a few Trooper owners here on this forum. There are many more on planetisuzoo.com just in case you don't get answers here

Gumbeaux

Postby Gumbeaux » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:32 am

Thank you kindly sir! I signed up over there a few days ago as well. Lots of info!

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:20 am

Welcome to the site, Zack! I second what Andy said about the PlanetIsuzoo site.

Jack

Gumbeaux

Postby Gumbeaux » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:33 am

Thank you for the welcome! Heres a pic of my Trooper, and the horde of parts I am trying to sort out.
Attachments
parts 4.jpg
parts 3.jpg
parts 2.jpg
parts 1.jpg
morning trooper 1.jpg

LUVc223
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1981 Isuzu P'up Diesel 5 Speed

Postby LUVc223 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:15 pm

Greetings from North Central Washington! What city/town are you moving to?

luvcamas

Postby luvcamas » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:01 pm

welcome. You need to check out my brothers threads, his fourm name is IPupGary
1986 turbo/diesel 4x4 SB in progress of a full frame off restoration
1981 2wd diesel LB
1981 4wd diesel SB
1982 diesel 4x4 SB
:mrgreen: