New from Va.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
tnorris
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1985 Isuzu Pup Diesel

New from Va.

Postby tnorris » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:42 pm

I am a new member and a proud owner of an '85 Diesel pup just purchased from Nevada. Third owner and in storage for 18 years....

arrowmntdiesel

Re: New from Va.

Postby arrowmntdiesel » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:01 pm

Welcome to this forum. You have found the right place to be for all the information you will need about your new truck.

We would all love a few pictures of that storage find you have.

Mark
AAS degree Diesel Technology 2014, 10 yrs Isuzu Pup diesels. Owner: Arrow-Mountain Diesel services & Arrow-Mnt Windows, Medford, OR. Love God! One Marriage-One Wife, 2 awesome young ladies as my kids. Happily Married for 25+ years. One Blessed Man!

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:04 pm

Welcome aboard. VA is pretty big, which part are you in? We may have some members nearby.

And I'm curious, do you know if you bought the truck from a forum member?

Finally, your timing belt and the oil line from the block to the alternator are probably really brittle. You should change both before doing any driving. Don't drive yourself crazy trying to find those parts. JLEMOND probably has them "in stock".

Jack

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:35 am

Welcome to the site, neighbor! We'd love to see pictures of your Pup. Where in VA are you located?

tnorris
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1985 Isuzu Pup Diesel

Postby tnorris » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:05 pm

I am east of Richmond, Va.

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:23 pm

I lay over in Richmond from time to time. Chester, actually. We have one member who lives in Chester . We've gotten together for dinner once. He has a nice red diesel one-owner pup.