My P'up - Act II

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

My P'up - Act II

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Something's going on here...what's up with that mismatched bed?!
truck.jpg

Heading out on my first road trip since adding the Impulse transmission. I'm carrying two jugs of oil, just to be safe.

Jack
soot fart

Re: My P'up - Act II

Post by soot fart »

Bed looks good Jack and the wheels will pop when it's all white. Silver grill/black bumpers you'll love it! Jerry
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Post by JoeIsuzu »

soot fart wrote:Bed looks good Jack and the wheels will pop when it's all white. Silver grill/black bumpers you'll love it! Jerry

The color will either be something like original, or something like the burgundy part. I'll probably be looking for new wheels after I get it back. Rear tires are shot anyway.

Jack
soot fart

Post by soot fart »

White looks great and is the easiest to keep clean. Trust me. Lets throw it up for opinions. Jerry

White or gay color? Not that there's anything wrong with that!
Halden
Isuzu vehicle(s): 83 Dsl LS Long Bed 4x4, 82 Dsl 2wd Short Bed 5 spd

Post by Halden »

I say keep the original colors. The two tone looks good on these trucks. Though if you were to get it done in a solid color, I'd say go with a darker color. These trucks look a little funny in lighter colors. Go with a Darker burgundy, the whole truck in that shade of burgundy would look like an infected zit. or do what Kyle did get it done in that claret red. His truck looks very nice!
It's not pronounced "Ih-soo-zoo", it's pronounced "It-screws-you"
83 LS Long Box Dsl 4x4
82 Short Box Dsl 5 spd
64 Chevy C20 w/ 283 & 4 speed.
05 Sonata with a standard
OzarkDaredevil
Isuzu vehicle(s): '81 Luv diesel 4x4

Post by OzarkDaredevil »

JoeIsuzu wrote:
soot fart wrote:Bed looks good Jack and the wheels will pop when it's all white. Silver grill/black bumpers you'll love it! Jerry

The color will either be something like original, or something like the burgundy part. I'll probably be looking for new wheels after I get it back. Rear tires are shot anyway.

Jack

If the old wheels go on the chopping block can I have first crack at 'em?

Tom
Tom
'81 4x4 diesel LUV - daily driver
Kylereidzilla
Isuzu vehicle(s): '95 Trooper Limited, '86 P'up Spacecab LS 2.3 (sold)

Post by Kylereidzilla »

Well, I feel like I am now obligated to have a say in this, haha!

I am assuming that your 83's painting process was the same back in '86. So then the door jambs, everything under the interior, and under the hood, is already burgundy. The silver was only painted over the outside. I chose to stick with the solid red, and only paint the outside, as it was the cheaper option, and the interior bits were still in good condition. I think it looks pretty good, especially after I painted the grille and bumper gloss black, then added my own spray on rock guards, to replace the rotted rubber ones.

P.S. If you do go a similar route as I took, perhaps some credit where credit is due, haha! Just joking, of course!

(But hey, maybe my unofficial title of "Canadian P'up Ambassador" (self title :D ) made official!
'86 P'up Spacecab LS 2.3 - Repainted in Claret Red - Sold
'99 Nissan Stagea RS Four S - Modified running 17 lbs of boost.. 'till it blew up
'95 Trooper Limited - On 33x12.5's
'13 Kawasaki KLR 650 - OD green War Pig!
soot fart

Post by soot fart »

I do like the solid colors compared to the Bozo/clown scheme but that blood red reminds me of a slapshot to my forehead! Nothing bleeds like a puck to the forehead AAAAAy?
Kylereidzilla

Post by Kylereidzilla »

soot fart wrote:I do like the solid colors compared to the Bozo/clown scheme but that blood red reminds me of a slapshot to my forehead! Nothing bleeds like a puck to the forehead AAAAAy?

*Correction* --- *EHHHH :mrgreen:
I suppose that's what Braden Holtby saw in that fight with Ray Emery last week! :roll: That was a rough thing to watch, EHHH?

Anyways, I just dug up my reserve paint recently to do a little bit of touch up to some areas which had been exposed to some careless motorist's door... ( :x grr...)
Here is the official mixture for my color* (<-- Canadian spelling) should you choose to emulate or modify the mixture.

The ironic, and slightly inappropriate thing about getting my paint from a company called P.M.S. painting, is that within the company's system, it is known as "PMS RED" ... Yeah... you can't make this stuff up! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
They all are 3.78 liters, if that scratch confuses you.
They all are 3.78 liters, if that scratch confuses you.
'99 Nissan Stagea RS Four S - Modified running 17 lbs of boost.. 'till it blew up
Kylereidzilla

Post by Kylereidzilla »

Kylereidzilla wrote:color* (<-- Canadian spelling)

Uhggg... *Colour :?

Hmm, American spell check strikes again!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
soot fart

Post by soot fart »

On the floor laughing Kyle. Pms red. Run that colour by the wife Jack. How's that white lookin now? heheheheh Jerry
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Post by JoeIsuzu »

I'm in Montgomery, Alabama tonight. Left Memphis at 12:15 PM, and rolled in here at 5:15 PM. That's 330 miles in 5 hours, which averages 66 mph even with a brief "coffee stop" (but not to BUY coffee). Unfortunately, I left home later than planned, so I arrived too late to visit the Pull-A-Part. Too bad, since they got an '86 P'up on the lot last week. :(

I have a full day of work tomorrow, then I'll head further east.

Jack
phil cottingham
Isuzu vehicle(s): 85 s10 with 2.2 diesel

Post by phil cottingham »

Jack, If you are in Montgomery You are only about 70 miles from me. If I had known sooner I would have met you and bought you a Krystal. haha. As for the color of your truck, all it needs is 2 blue doors to go with the white bed. Phil
tdipup
Isuzu vehicle(s): Diesel P'up

Post by tdipup »

The '82 P'up that I sold 21 years ago was white. I hated it. Every little speck of tar or ... uh ... rust showed up really well. Just sayin'! I'm glad the '83 is topsoil brown!
1983 P'up 4X4 Diesel Brown 4 speed
2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Diesel Black 5 speed
2019 Mazda CX-5 GT dak blue (Wife's car)
1967 Mercury Monterey 2 door fastback 390 V8 white (My 1st car ... I still own it!)
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Post by JoeIsuzu »

phil cottingham wrote:Jack, If you are in Montgomery You are only about 70 miles from me. If I had known sooner I would have met you and bought you a Krystal. haha. As for the color of your truck, all it needs is 2 blue doors to go with the white bed. Phil

Phil,

I'll be heading home via Birmingham sometime tomorrow. :)

Jack