1982 diesel Pup

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
lakeparkv8
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1982 2.2 diesel

1982 diesel Pup

Post by lakeparkv8 »

Hello guys! I have recently(March 21) purchased this little Gem. This is my first one and I have been after one for a long time. The guy I bought it from bought it new. It has 266000 miles on it. I had a couple of friends that had these trucks through the years and I heard nothing but good about them, from dependability to fuel mileage. Well guess what! The one I bought has a problem now. The timing belt broke and damaged the rockers and push rods. So I found this site looking for parts. If anyone can help me find these parts it will get me back on the road. Looking forward to the forums here. Have a great day!
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: 1982 diesel Pup

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Welcome to the site, Mike. Sorry it had to be because of these circumstances. Changing the timing belt is usually the first step that we recommend for new owners who don't know when theirs was last changed.

What part of Georgia are you in?

Saw your posts in Parts. Someone should have what you need.

Jack
lakeparkv8
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1982 2.2 diesel

Re: 1982 diesel Pup

Post by lakeparkv8 »

I'm way down south on I-75 3 miles from the Florida border.