Avocat introduction

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
avocat
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1982 Chevrolet Luv diesel pickup

Avocat introduction

Post by avocat »

Hello to fellow members.

Thought it was time for an introduction.

When I joined IsuzuPup several years back I foolishly believed I would be complete by now with the restoration of my 1982 Luv diesel short bed. Well fast forward and I am just starting on an engine rebuild. My Luv was my very first vehicle bought for a whopping price of $7500. Drove the truck for years until the family grew and then gave my dad the Luv. Dad drove the Luv also for many years until one day the little diesel overheated. My dad started to work on the engine but didn’t get far. Unfortunately dad passed away with the Luv truck having been parked for years.

Since then I inherited the Luv truck and I owe it to dad and myself to get the Luv back on the road. As an attorney/Avocat I relieve the work pressure on the weekends tinkering on my hobby farm and repairing my farm equipment. However this will be my first engine rebuild with the help of my two sons, local South Louisiana machine shop and a friend who is a longtime diesel mechanic. Jerry Lemond I hear will have some of the needed parts and I will be contacting him.

I will keep all of you posted as the rebuild progresses. Thanks also to the great advice on this site which will make the rebuild easier. Until then the best to everyone.

Avocat/Keith
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: Avocat introduction

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Keith,

Great story! Glad to know the history. Your truck is definitely special.

Jack