Bragging rights!

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
Little pup
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1985 4x4 long bed. 1.9L petrol 4sp manual California truck that has no AC.

Bragging rights!

Post by Little pup »

I've owned four Isuzu Pups, Three of them with (gas) motors.. One diesel. One was a shorty.
Had four I-marks, two 81's ..2D coupe with 4FB1 and two 82/83 4D Sedan with 1.8L diesel engine. The baddest one was an 1981 which was bought in 1987 with 80,000 miles on motor. Straight as an arrow and clean, color (White) 41 miles per gallon. Hauled ass up the mountain passes with heavy plywood 4x4 foot box of camping gear and tools. I rebuilt one 4FB1 engine twice because the machine shop told me I did not have to hone the cylinders out after he bored them. It was a trust thing!
:D
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: Bragging rights!

Post by JoeIsuzu »

I'm going to move this, and consider it your "introduction". Welcome aboard.

So based on this, it sounds like your '83 is a gas powered P'up. Is that correct?

Jack
Little pup
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1985 4x4 long bed. 1.9L petrol 4sp manual California truck that has no AC.

Post by Little pup »

Yes.
Little pup

Post by Little pup »

Anyone ever had carb trouble?
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Little pup wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:15 am
Anyone ever had carb trouble?
Lots of owners have had issues over the years. But let's not do tech questions here, please post carb questions in "General Troubleshooting & Maintenance". You'll find more of the right readers there.

And it would be really helpful to edit your user profile -- specifically, your "Vehicle Info". So far, we can't tell what you currently own. If you put it into your profile, everyone will be able to know what you're asking for help with.

Jack