New to me 84 pup

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
800screws
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1984 1.8l rwd

New to me 84 pup

Post by 800screws »

I’m in New York.
Overpaid. Dealt with a scummy dealership. Never do business with rover classics in nj. Check the BBB on them. I should have before purchasing the truck. But I did want it and it def is a good base to start with. Unfortunately they airbrushed photos and made the interior seem immaculate when the dash is spray painted and broken.

Any way. It’s a 84 1.9l. Carb needs a rebuild but upgraded to a Weber 32/36 and redo the stock carb for a shelf piece. Other than that the fuel gauge isn’t working. If it’s the fuel sender, than it’s a 3-6 month back order. (Unless someone knows of another or later model year that works).
Cig lighter and a new dash will round out the gremlins. I want to make it a reliable drive to down banger

Also looking for a complete dash. Putting a carpet cover over it for now but that’s not the end goal. And the back side window on the cap is cracked if anyone knows of
Somehow to have it reproduced? It’s not flat and bends.
Attachments
7A542AA7-AE8B-41CA-A4E2-255F7781B951.jpeg
guslevy
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1986 Isuzu Pup Turbo Diesel

Re: New to me 84 pup

Post by guslevy »

Nice truck to start with, a no rust truck is the best deal, everything else can be fixed but not rust, it always spreads.
Little by little you will fix it to your liking and that’s all it matters, never look back !
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Welcome aboard.

We've definitely seen that truck before -- either here, or on the PlanetIsuzoo.com forum. I remember the unusual decals. I think someone here may have posted a link to the sales ad that you bought it from.

I agree 100% with Gus. Rust is the plague. Your topper is partly responsible for keeping the bed preserved.

Jack
800screws
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1984 1.8l rwd

Post by 800screws »

The back side glass that is curvey is epoxy’d as it has multiple cracks. Anyone have someplace that could reproduce it?