My introduction

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
Vætturinn
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1999 Trooper on 35" 3.1 AT project

My introduction

Post by Vætturinn »

From Iceland with Lava

I have a 1999 Isuzu Trooper on 35" and my build will be:
4jg2 auto
VGT
3" rustfree exhaust
Patrol axles
Rust free 150L fuel tank
Air suspension front and back
And all kinds Og lights and gadgets to overland in snow and water
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: My introduction

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Welcome to the site. Feel free to post pics of the Trooper. We (in the US) are still not happy that Isuzu stopped selling diesels here. We would have loved the 4JG2-T.

Jack
Vætturinn

Post by Vætturinn »

I just hope I will get the balls to go full crazy on this platform and do a 3.9 4bt with Allison and portals
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Vætturinn wrote:I just hope I will get the balls to go full crazy on this platform and do a 3.9 4bt with Allison and portals

Oh, my. You have the engine WE want, but it's not enough for you! :lol:

The only diesel available to us was in the first generation -- mainly just 1986, but a few in 1987. It was a 2.2L turbodiesel. So a 3.1L would have been considered a beast over here.

Jack
Vætturinn

Post by Vætturinn »

Hahaha in my country making a beast means 5.9 6bt with Holset HE351VE turbo and 6" straightpipe
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Vætturinn wrote:Hahaha in my country making a beast means 5.9 6bt with Holset HE351VE turbo and 6" straightpipe

Actually, over here it would be a built-up Duramax or Powerstroke. But among the Isuzu crowd, the 3.1L 4JG2-T is a powerhouse that we never got.

Jack
Red Truck

Post by Red Truck »

Skoal! My last duty station was Keflavik ('98-'99). I had my P'up (pictured) with me. Drove to Akureyri, other places. Still have the Iceland license plates up in the garage. Had to add headrests, move the tailpipe, other things, plus pass their RIGID vehicle inspection to allow the truck there, but we made it. Beautiful place!
'87 Isuzu p'up 4ZD1/2.3 gas, carb'd, 5spd, 4WD, base model, Fed spec
guslevy
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1986 Isuzu Pup Turbo Diesel

Post by guslevy »

We had the little Duramax 2.8 L in the Chevy Colorado but GM discontinued it for this year-on.
We are running out of small diesels here