New member from Philippines

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
Deuso93
Isuzu vehicle(s): Owner-type Wrangler YJ Jeepney, Isuzu C190 4-speed manual

New member from Philippines

Post by Deuso93 »

Hello, I don't necessarily own a pup but I may have an engine (C190) that is currently hooked up in a different car, we call them "Owner-type" Jeeps or Jeepney here in the Philippines, the history of them might take me long to explain but long story short back in post-wwII Philippines the US sold or gave a bunch of surplus or used Willys Jeeps to the public and they became really popular so much so that local mechanics or early car\manufacturers here copied the style and started making them out of galvanized steel, eventually because they were easy to make and maintain they were adopted as public transportation vehicles by the government, their designs were changed and improved through year, some became bigger, longer, and able to carry more people. They were always based on the Jeep design until the later versions of authentic Jeeps until the late 1990s, they are usually seen using asian manufacturered engines, Mazdas, Toyotas, Mitsubishis, and Isuzus. Mine happens to be a privately owned civilian version based on the Jeep Wrangler YJ. My grandfather owned it previously and he had it built at a local car repair shop not far from where I live, he had it installed a surplus 2 liter diesel Isuzu C190 engine, 4-speed manual transmission that was ordered from Japan, we never really had time to talk about his car because back then I still wasn't into cars because I didn't know how to drive yet and I just recently got a hold of it from my dad, over the years when my dad was still using it before he bought an Isuzu Dmax he had the car installed AC and power steering. Not really a car or repair expert so there's a lot for me to learn, the good thing is that the shop that this car was built by is still in service but most of the people that worked on the car are either deceased or retired now but on occasion I do hear some stories how the car came to be and its service history which is good every now and then because I'm really making sure to maintain it properly this time. I joined this forum to hopefully get more insights and useful information for my engine and I would love if anyone would share me the owner's manual to the engine and transmission for future maintenance reference. :D
Deuso93

Re: New member from Philippines

Post by Deuso93 »

Here are some photos
Attachments
20210208_173323.jpg
20210308_122559.jpg
20210222_160703.jpg
20210222_160540.jpg
20210222_160557.jpg
20210216_113758.jpg
20210308_122352.jpg
20210308_122414.jpg
puttputtinpup

Post by puttputtinpup »

I'm impressed! Welcome to the site.
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Post by JoeIsuzu »

I've heard of the "Jeepney", but that's the first time I can remember anybody explaining what it is.

We never got the C190 in the States, but I think it's pretty similar to our C223. I understand they were used in Australia and possibly Asia. Maybe in Europe as well.

Welcome to the site.

Jack
Deuso93

Post by Deuso93 »

puttputtinpup wrote:I'm impressed! Welcome to the site.

Thanks!
Deuso93

Post by Deuso93 »

JoeIsuzu wrote:I've heard of the "Jeepney", but that's the first time I can remember anybody explaining what it is.

We never got the C190 in the States, but I think it's pretty similar to our C223. I understand they were used in Australia and possibly Asia. Maybe in Europe as well.

Welcome to the site.

Jack
Interesting info thanks! From where I'm from I've heard that most parts and engine components are interchangeable and or mostly compatible.