just joined

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
tomhuck
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1982 diesel pup

just joined

Post by tomhuck »

I bought my Chevy luv Isuzu new in 1982 right after s-10 came out. Dealer was dumping them and I paid $6500 which was probably $1000 too much. The only way to win is to keep it forever. This is the most reliable vehicle I've ever had. My BMW had more maintenance in 3 yrs than my luv had in 35+ . It's getting a little tired but I plan put some money into it
Attachments
WP_20140327_003.jpg
WP_20140327_002.jpg
WP_20140327_001.jpg
puttputtinpup

Re: just joined

Post by puttputtinpup »

She's beautiful! Welcome to the forum! I test drove a brand new 82 Pup diesel but decided I couldn't afford it at the time. I ended up getting an 83 dodge ram (mitsubishi) for much less. Mistake
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Welcome to the site! When I bought mine in '83, I'd read that the S10 was available with a diesel, but none of our local dealers had any and they didn't seem to care.

Your truck looks to be in great condition.

What took you so long to join here? ;)

Jack
arrowmntdiesel

Post by arrowmntdiesel »

Welcome to the site.

Very good looking Pup. What part of Oregon are you in? I am located in Medford, So Oregon.

There is a lot of good information here on the site and a good bunch of people as well.

Mark
AAS degree Diesel Technology 2014, 15 yrs Isuzu Pup diesels. Owner: Arrow-Mountain Diesel services & Arrow-Mnt Windows, Medford, OR. Love God! One Marriage-One Wife, 2 awesome young ladies as my kids. Happily Married for 30+ years. One Blessed Man!
guslevy
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1986 Isuzu Pup Turbo Diesel

Post by guslevy »

wow, nice Pup ! welcome
tomhuck
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1982 diesel pup

Post by tomhuck »

I live in Central Point or. I joined for information and parts, mainly because I had an accident and my brakes are screwed up which has something to do with me hitting a car.