Mwitale | Introduction to the Isuzu PuP Family

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
Mwitale
Isuzu vehicle(s): double cab Isuzu PUP 1987

Mwitale | Introduction to the Isuzu PuP Family

Postby Mwitale » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:07 am

Dear colleagues,

I'm glad to join with you on this forum. I own a double cab PuP with a C223 engine which my father gave to me, though I don't know its year of manufacture. For more than 10 years, this PuP lay desolate but I'm revamping it with unquenchable zeal.

Yesterday 20.02.2021, I did my second road test and it performed quite well. More work remains to be done. My goal is get it fully restored as a light utility vehicle that I can proudly keep around.

I look forward to learning more about the PuPs, especially the best possible ways I can work out and maintain mine.

Thank you!

- mwitale
Attachments
Isuzu 1.jpg
Isuzu 2.jpg
Isuzu 3.jpg

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: Mwitale | Introduction to the Isuzu PuP Family

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:53 am

Welcome to the site, Mwitale.

If the double cab had been available here, I would probably be driving one.

If you need to know the model year, we should be able to get it from 10th digit of the VIN.
A=1980 (the US did not have this in 1980)
B=1981
C=1982
D=1983
E=1984
F=1985
G=1986
H=1987

Jack

guslevy
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1986 Isuzu Pup Turbo Diesel

Re: Mwitale | Introduction to the Isuzu PuP Family

Postby guslevy » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:12 pm