1991 Pickup Barn Find

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
slinky
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1991 Isuzu Pickup

1991 Pickup Barn Find

Postby slinky » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:18 am

A friend of mine at work had a 1991 Pickup for sale, would not stay running. His dad bought it new and put very few miles on it till he passed away. It then sat for 10 years till I acquired it for $1200. Total mileage was 37,000. Outside was faded but waxed out really nice, straight as a pin, and inside was pristine. Changed out the fuel filter by the tank, the rotten fuel lines, fuel pump, and have been driving it ever since till I lost the key last week. It was missing the center caps on the wheels but I found some of those on e-bay! Has factory AC but just wish it had power steering.
Attachments
P1020112.jpg sized.jpg

Darby

Re: 1991 Pickup Barn Find

Postby Darby » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:12 pm

I guess Isuzu thought gorillas would drive these trucks. When I bought my 93 new, the dealer had 47 of them on the lot and I bought the only one that had power steering.
Original owner of a 1993 Isuzu pick up, 2.3 engine, 5 speed with power steering and air conditioning. All original except the radio (still have factory radio).
It's cheaper to fix what you have than to buy someone else's problems.

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:36 pm

Welcome to the site, Steve! That's a really nice, well-preserved specimen.

Jack

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:05 pm

Welcome to the site!